Just be careful with cruise control... (1 Viewer)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yes it's still funny, but how many times will the 'fake news' media re-hash this one??? :LOL:
Can't they come up with a NEW non-news story for us motorhomers, PLEASE? :pray:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Yes it's still funny, but how many times will the 'fake news' media re-hash this one??? :LOL:
Can't they come up with a NEW non-news story for us motorhomers, PLEASE? :pray:

Haven't heard the one about the thieves nicking fuel and syphoning an RV's black tank for a while. :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Must have been the gas that caused her to crash............. Oh...... wrong thread. Don't talk about gassing............

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This one was going round facebook, with people believing it until I pointed them to the front page of that website :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't know if it is my mindset that means I believe nothing until I have seen proof from a reputable source no matter how credible.. Or if it is my physics/engineering background fighting with my religious upbringing (proof vs faith).. But I seem to find myself dispelling myths on facebook on an almost daily basis.

This week so far I have had the above one posted twice, the one about lightening striking water (which was actually demolition charges) and the old popcorn lung one... I wish people were sceptical of everything they read and didn't trust sources until confirmed they were reliable and without bias..

Oh well. Funny story non the less...

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: @Viennese Just re-read my post.. I wasn't having a go at you, just realised it may have read that way.. I apologise if you thought I was.

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Yes Karl, I did realise that it was a spoof, I just thought it was funny enough to be a reminder to those with posh vans (not me) which have cruise control...

And the protagonist was described as a 'retired librarian' - like me!! We have such a fabulous public image!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Yes Karl, I did realise that it was a spoof, I just thought it was funny enough to be a reminder to those with posh vans (not me) which have cruise control...

And the protagonist was described as a 'retired librarian' - like me!! We have such a fabulous public image!
Mine has cruise control but no glass cupboard for champers glasses, so it's not posh :(

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
This one was going round facebook, with people believing it until I pointed them to the front page of that website :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't know if it is my mindset that means I believe nothing until I have seen proof from a reputable source no matter how credible.. Or if it is my physics/engineering background fighting with my religious upbringing (proof vs faith).. But I seem to find myself dispelling myths on facebook on an almost daily basis.

This week so far I have had the above one posted twice, the one about lightening striking water (which was actually demolition charges) and the old popcorn lung one... I wish people were sceptical of everything they read and didn't trust sources until confirmed they were reliable and without bias..

Oh well. Funny story non the less...

I too seem to have a Devil's Advocate default setting, but sometimes, with some people, it's not worth the effort. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back