LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sandra at leased you got the car to part blame, I reverse into a post what the post was doing there bugs me?
but a little bit of paint and all is well glad you are all right regards jim
No can't blame anyone but me.
I went to put water in at petrol station. Paid £1 then discovered the hose wouldn't reach.
Reversed back in filling station between 2 vehicles. Good skilful reversing I thought, moved forward to exit and as I turned the rear got the car.
Think our towbar saved outlr damaged as the plastic popped back out one the car was off it.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Lots of plastic bits on cars and MHs now - designed to pop off and be easily replaced.

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
moved forward to exit and as I turned the rear got the car.

The turning was what got me when I caught the gatepost. A moment's inattention to the size of the turning circle / width of the vehicle and crunch. Mind it is the sort of thing you tend only to do once :)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Just arrived and wine open.

Come to think of it we have no no claims anyway LOL..just dearer insurance next year.
Think my pride is hurt more than anything.

Well hope it's a wee bit stronger than the WW one;)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
C
Did you arrive AOK in Chester then?

Git yerself down to the White horse, a stiff whiskey or two will calm you down!
Don't drink? Well sit on the big settee by that great free standing fire place in the White Horse and have a Lime Soda!

Hope you are OK !
Can't take myself out. Mum doesn't drink and looks like the only people that are still up are dog walkers :)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Can't your mum have a coffee or a softie, don't drink myself but happy to go pubbing with mates.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mums fit for her bed. Been a long day for her and a 5 hr drive at 50mph

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just had a phone call from Angela, a guy has just drove into her while sat at traffic lights. Just waiting for her to arrive home so I can assess damage, youngest son wrote his car off last Saturday, ho hum.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just had a phone call from Angela, a guy has just drove into her while sat at traffic lights. Just waiting for her to arrive home so I can assess damage, youngest son wrote his car off last Saturday, ho hum.
Oh sorry to hear that. Is she ok? Maybe a whiplash claim here .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
according to a traffic officer friend, theres been a rise in deliberate collisions for the insurance. and what i would refer to as "love taps" where bumpers just get nudged at traffic lights to distract the other driver to enable an accomplice to steal handbags whilst the drivers discuss insurance.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Have a good night's sleep irnbru, you must be tired after your drive and a bit of a shock - you'll feel better tomorrow. Can't find a smiley which shows a hug!

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I've no option but to sleep now. Mrs pan shine has moved the chargers..and now my battery is going flat on phone.:( Been playing a game of hide and seek to no avail :(

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I did exactly the same manoeuvre years ago in a long van. It was 2 weeks old, loaned to me by a garage to do a charity run to Eastern Europe. :( got to Prague and back to Calais and was pulling out of a parking bay.
Could have been worse, glad no one was hurt, repairs will be done.
And it'll all look better in the morning.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Hope no one was hurt. Cars can be repaired / replaced.

according to a traffic officer friend, theres been a rise in deliberate collisions for the insurance. and what i would refer to as "love taps" where bumpers just get nudged at traffic lights to distract the other driver to enable an accomplice to steal handbags whilst the drivers discuss insurance.

Yes, the local community officer has been warning people here about that, especially if we are leaving our little rural enclave to venture out into the city.

"Crash for cash" he called it where at lights the car in front will be slightly too far forward and then reverse into you - sometimes the reversing lights disabled to try to fool the dash cam.

Another tactic is to flash lights and flag you down then when you get out of the vehicle to see what is wrong anything you have left in the car is grabbed by an accomplice.

Yet another, if stopped in a layby another motorist will ask if you can spare some water for the washer / radiator of their vehicle and whilst you are busy their friend (sometimes from another vehicle) will grab anything they can. That almost happened to me one dark night - they didn't realise I had a rooster in a cage in the foot-well (don't ask) so someone got a sore hand as he found that cocks get bad tempered when touched up! I learnt a few new words and the other cars made a hurried exit. The number plates (I managed to read and record them) turned out to be false of course.

Just be careful. Take you wallet / handbag with you when you get out of the car and make sure other valuables (sat nav / phone etc) are well out of reach or safely in your pocket.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hope you & your mum are feeling OK this morning @irnbru . I'm sure other Funster ralliers will have RALLIED ROUND and cheered you up :D with tales of their own moho crunches. :rolleyes: Mine was at Moreton last year :(..... etc etc etc ;)
No injuries = good result (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back