Just Back from Newark (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Just got home and would like to say a big thank you to all the new people I met, epecially Jim for all his time and effort both with the Forum and his hospiality at the show. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. Hopfully with better weather next time. Just tried to attatch some photo's but who knows where they've gone

Andy

Attachments

• newark 001.jpg
    newark 001.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 206
  • newark 002.jpg
    newark 002.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Just like to second that.

Nice to meet new people and I must say i thought the show was really good. Had to come home early due to a dental absces and just got back from dentist with antibiotics. So wasn't my normal self, but looking forward to Peterborough now.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Bloomin heck and I thought it rained in Wales !:helptitanic: Hope you are feeling better haganap - not nice them things !:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Still here but moved pitch.

Must say it was great to meet up with old friends and new.

Feel sorry for the traders though.

Have to say the site event promoters did an extremely professional job and made the show run smoothly and very welcoming (well done guys:thumb:)

What can I say about Jim? (Done a brilliant job as usual and the site is a major success) Thank you birthday boy:winky:

Will be there next year:winky:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Big thank you to Sian and Jim for what was a very successful and fun weekend.
The weather from Saturday night onwards was terrible, but it was still great to meet old and new friends.

And we won the cup::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:thumb:well done jim, sian,pam geo, for yet another great meet, shameabout the weather today, each meet gets better and better great to meet new friends and catch up with everyone, well done winning the cup, got to win it every year now:Smile::Smile: see you at peterborough,thanks again::bigsmile:
ruth

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some pictures

A couple of photos from Newark. Great weather Saturday handing out flyers in front of the stand. Sunday morning I found this unhappy camper, (Not a Funster) doing a pretty good impression of a boat, and LindyC's stand was a real washout.:whatthe:

Attachments

• Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Van-in-water.jpg
    Van-in-water.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Stateside.jpg
    Stateside.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 176
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Back home now in Kent, the weather is worse here.

We had a really great time, it was nice to meet up with old friends and make new, what a friendly bunch funsters are.

Many thanks to Jim and all his helpers for organising the meet, setting up shop and warm welcome.

Can't wait for the next one, take care one and all .

Dane & Hazel

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
A great thank you too who had a hand in organizing this FUN meet.

Nice to renew friendsships & meet new friends.

And how about the award, well done Jim :thanks2::clap::clap::clap:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Great meeting and show , really big thanks to Jim and co for all there hard work in making everyone so welcome . ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: Hopefully see everyone again real soon ::bigsmile:

Mark & Sharon

Last edited:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Glad you all had such a great time sorry I missed it!

The meet that is not the rain:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

garregen.gif

Hopefully meet up with you all at Newbury

Regards Pat

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are back safely too - had intended staying another night having expected to be busy all day today but decided to come back after lunch on account of the weather.

We woke up to find our van in a big puddle this morning but were able to move it OK.

Thanks very much to Jim and everyone for making it a great weekend despite the weather. Great to meet faces we knew again and new faces we hadn't seen before.

Graham

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
Newark

What a downpour last night. No wonder there was that great big puddle. It was a shame to see so many stalls pack up and go but even when the rain stopped it was still freezing.
WE eventually gave up this afternoon but would have liked to stay longer. We watched Jim pull some one off the camping ground from the warmth of our van and were surprised we did'nt have more trouble. I bet the man with the griptrack did a roaring trade this afternoon.
WE enjoyed meeting Jim and friends and hope we can see them at another show later in the year.
:roflmto::rain:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
What a weekend :thumb:
Met up with some old friends and met a load of new friends.
Just a handful of funsters here now - stopped raining but very cold wind - the furnace has been working flat out glad we filled up with LPG ! Traders outside had a really bad day today, hope their next show is a sunny one.

Last night had to be the 'Icing on the cake' (the one Jan made::bigsmile:) for Jim's birthday when MotorhomeFun won the trophy cup for member turnout - Thank you Jim & Sian and many others for making this a great weekend despite the Sat night deluge.

Will look forward to our next meet with you all :thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Blimey we've only just got home a 3 hour journey took 9 hours. 10 minutes from home a lorry caught fire right in front of us we sat there for about 4 hours and were then told the road is closed for the night so had to turn around and do a detour.

For all that it was a great weekend and the Funsters lived up to their name and winning the trophy finished it off nicely. Nice to meet old friends and make new ones look forward to meeting again sometime soon.

Rory & Jan

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Blimey we've only just got home a 3 hour journey took 9 hours. 10 minutes from home a lorry caught fire right in front of us we sat there for about 4 hours and were then told the road is closed for the night so had to turn around and do a detour.

For all that it was a great weekend and the Funsters lived up to their name and winning the trophy finished it off nicely. Nice to meet old friends and make new ones look forward to meeting again sometime soon.

Rory & Jan

Glad you two got home ok.

Lovely to meet you again.:thumb:Didn't think we were going to get out of "the Lake".

Carol was VERY ill on Saturday Night and the RV sprung numerous leaks during the downpour and I was up all night "baling Out".RV is now under covered storage awaiting Repairs.:Sad:

Steve.

Last edited:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
We finally got in this evening from what had to be the worst show ever, this morning we awoke to an ankle deep pond inside the stand and trading was simply not an option. ........... the only thing that made the weekend worthwhile was the great company on Friday and Saturday night, meeting up with old friends and making new ones. ::bigsmile:

A HUGE thanks to Jim, Keith and Geo for your help in getting the awning down - we could not have done it without you .........Sian, Sharon and Pammy, HUGE apologies for sending your respective hubbies back muddied up to the eyeballs :Blush:

Martyn, sorry I didn't get to say goodbye hun......we were a little pre-occupied with the mud-wrestling lark, look forward to seeing you both at the next one :winky:

Congratulations to all for making the meet a great success, for winning the trophy and to Jim and Sian for being the perfect hosts as always! :thumb:

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
In total agreement

I Had a great time, nice to meet such a wonderful bunch of campers even if the weather was a little rough:RollEyes: Thanks for a great welcome by you all, looking forward to further outings and meeting you all again:Smile: special thanks to Jim,Sian, Pammy & Geo for a well organized outing, even if it was a little wet & windy:Eeek:

Best wishes
Raoul:thumb:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

We got back about 6pm after taking a detour to watch our Son race at his first meeting of the year.

Just want to say that Geo and myself had nothing to do with the organisation of this event - we just helped out where and when necessary. It is always a pleasure to help Jim and Sian; all the planning etc was done by them and what a great job they did as well. If Newark is anything to go by Peterborough should be fantastic - hopefully the weather will be too.

It was great to put new faces to names and also to meet up with old friends.

Keep looking at the calendar there are some great meets planned - hopefully we'll see you there.

Pammy & Geo

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
We have just got back home.I would like to thank everybody,especially Jim & Sian for making it a fantastic weekend,despite the weather.Looking forward to meeting you all again soon......Martyn & Eileen.:thumb:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
An Apology

An Apology to all those at Newark, and, to those who weren't.

It has finally been discovered that I am NOT small and blue. This may come as a shock to some of you, but I hope it doesn't spoil your Rice Krispies.:whatthe:

In fact, as kands and Lindy-C and JC knew, I am actually a GHFB (Grey-Haired Fat Bastard) who up to now has hidden behind the name "Papa Smurf". In actual fact, my real name is Brian, but as there are already several on this forum, I am happy to be called Papa, GHFB, Brian, "Hey You", or, especially for Winnebagotony "that bloke that's wired different" .

Now my secret is out, I can reveal that the tramp in red sweatshirt and brown calf-length trousers dolling out flyers in Jim's photo's is , in fact, me.

June, IS however, a real June, Junior is a real Junior and Bitch is a real reindeer.

OH, and we all had a wonderful time meeting so many people in person that we'd only previously known from their postings. A special thank-you to Jim, Sian and family for their monumental efforts over the 72 hours from Friday to Sunday. We left this morning, and arrived in Taunton just after mid-day, happy to have finally lost our virginity with a load of FUNsters.

Thank you to everyone we met. We had a riot.

"Papa, GHFB, Brian, "Hey You","that bloke that's wired different" & June

p.s. Ook from Junior, and Phwlllp from Bitch:thumb:

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well 5 hours back to the storage pitch at Llandovery had chat with Mark and Eileen then the 35 min drive home.

Had a real ball as usual and great to see so many new members.

Organising such a display/entertainment tent is not an easy job but Jim & Co were brilliant even though we drunk him dry of beer and kept him up till all hours :drink::yeah:

Only downside was the weather and feel so sorry:Sad:for our Linda/Lindy-C whose marvellous stand was rained off.

Thank you everyone:thumb:

Last edited:

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hi everyone,

Just got back home (done a detour to Alton Towers)
Thanks to Jim & Everyone who made us feel really welcome on our first meeting,
What a lovely lot of funsters,
Lovely to meet the people we met, sorry to those we never (Steve)
Hope to see you all again::bigsmile:

Ken (wildcamper) & Dawn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back