Just about to set off on Autumn Deployment (1 Viewer)

JollyJack Hawkins

Free Member
Sep 7, 2017
Bursledon
Funster No
MH
Bentley Indigo
Exp
Since April 2016
Well we ummed and ahed about selling the caravan and buying a MH and after two visits to Romsey MH show came home having bought a 11 plate Bentley Ingigo. We took it on a trip to Scotland in June and despite a blow out on the rear tyre in the middle lane of M77 1630 in the afternoon we had a great trip and I love it. The local traffic police were fantastic and I cannot thank them enough for there help .
Just about to set of for France and Spain on Thursday. What's the best route down avoiding tolls.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
:hiya::WelcomeFlag: We're off to France and Spain in mid October after daughter's wedding and stuff.....we only use tolls to avoid large cities and to cross borders. We usually meander down the west side of France avoiding Rouen like the plague...we usually use a site at Les Andeleys which is gorgeous with pitches on the bank of the Seine (that enables us to avoid Rouen) so you can lie in bed and watch the barges go by:roflmto:. We find availability of campsites out of season are best on the west side of France though now, in mid September many (though not all as some close early September) will still be open...not so when we set out in mid to end of October. The Aires are brilliant and we use Camer Contact (phone App) to find Aires which we use mostly on our journey...we just use campsites when we need an EHU to charge the e-bikes and do a bit of washing and engage in camping behaviour (which you are requested not to do on most Aires). Have a great time.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
As Pia say's avoid Rouen,we go via Yvetot to then over the Pont de Brotonne & either use free aire at St Nicolas de Bliquetuit (remote but right on the banks of Seine)first right after bridge.
or the very nice one at La Mailleraye sur Seine , again on the side of the Seine
but is chargeable through a barrier system right next to the gendarme station.
As to trip south I can't help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Pia
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JollyJack Hawkins

JollyJack Hawkins

Free Member
Sep 7, 2017
Bursledon
Funster No
MH
Bentley Indigo
Exp
Since April 2016
Thanks for the welcome will take this in.We are really looking forward to it.I have a sat nav built in but still rather rely on real people. I am setting off with two full bottles of gas hope it's enough for about 7 weeks

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Thanks for the welcome will take this in.We are really looking forward to it.I have a sat nav built in but still rather rely on real people. I am setting off with two full bottles of gas hope it's enough for about 7 weeks
When we had gas bottles in our caravan (we had LPG fitted to the MH) 2 bottles lasted us 7 years:) and beyond as we are still on the first bottle here at home the 2nd is still full...so don't worry about the gas...unless you use to power the fridge then it is likely be a different story...I don't know how long the bottles would last powering fridge/heating. In the caravan we used gas sometimes for the cooker (we also had an induction hob) and for our BBQ never for the fridge or for heating as we always used campsites in the caravan. I guess someone on here may well have the answer:D.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back