Just a little space, please....... (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We're travelling in France and are on the way back from Marseillian to Burgundy. Taking a couple of days as in no rush. We spent a lovely quiet night in a free aire right in the middle of Marvejols. There was free drainage, toilet and fresh water. Also poubelles.
Then today we arrived at the free aire at St Pourcain. The pitches are quite spacey but clearly marked. So we reversed into one as close as we could to the one limit so that our door would be as far away from the van next to it. About 10 minutes later a PVC drove in right next to us and I mean right next to us. There were plenty of other spaces (then) but not too many facing the river. The better half of the couple opened their door took out a couple of chairs and squeezed in between our vans. If she tipped her chair back 10°, she could lean against the side of our van.
I was contemplating offering to reheat her coffee by use of our Truma exhaust vent they were that close. I'm not sure, for one night, I'll bother making an issue but I just don't understand why they've chosen to park so close to us. It's not even as though my puny wifi signal is worth trying to pick up. :giggle:

And it's a lovely evening 26°.

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Someone will always squeeze in, it’s best just to park centrally in the marked space. They were probably grumbling about you being close to the line :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Once you've used Aires for more than 2 weeks you get used to it, the chairs are not normally allowed on an aire (No camping behaviour allowed) but remember it's a carpark
AND
for one night you'll cope just remember it's liable to be the same on every aire and sometimes even at City of Europe you get English vans as close for the safety in numbers idea numpties

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We're travelling in France and are on the way back from Marseillian to Burgundy. Taking a couple of days as in no rush. We spent a lovely quiet night in a free aire right in the middle of Marvejols. There was free drainage, toilet and fresh water. Also poubelles.
Then today we arrived at the free aire at St Pourcain. The pitches are quite s Pacific but clearly marked. So we reversed into one as close as we could to the one limit so that our door would be as far away from the van next to it. About 10 minutes later a PVC drove in right next to us and I mean right next to us. There were plenty of other spaces (then) but not too many facing the river. The better half of the couple opened their door took out a couple of chairs and squeezed in between our vans. If she tipped her chair back 10°, she could lean agains the side of our van.
I was contemplating offering to reheat her coffee by use of our Truma exhaust vent they were that close. I'm not sure, for one night, I'll bother making an issue but I just don't understand why they've chosen to park so close to us. It's not even as though my puny wifi signal is worth trying to pick up. :giggle:

And it's a lovely evening 26°.
That's when a SOG comes in useful.:LOL:

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Start your generator, that should get rid of them ?

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
It's such a balmy evening, almost everyone has their chairs out. Good game of football going on just the other side of the fence. All for free!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back