Just a heads up if you are stopping in Bayeux.. (1 Viewer)

Jan 14, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726G
Exp
since 2014
we recently stopped at 34 Boulevard d`Eindhoven 14400 Bayeux. Campsite, a short a pleasant walk from the town of Bayeux, euro22.50 for the night including hook up. Facilities are spotless, modern and the staff are extremely helpful.
However, we were woken at 2.30am to a knock on the door, I slipped the blind to see 2 males outside, I'm not a shy person so opened the door and made it clear that they have chosen the wrong van to come calling at, after a little erm discussion, they decided it best they left.
The real surprise was when I reported it in the morning to the reception, I got the impression she wasn`t surprised, I was right as after a little probing it seems its a regular problem at the end of the season that the locals come to see what they can liberate. They have no cameras and no other security measures in place.
The police turned up about an hour later and did a lap of the site. I was told later that day the two were known to the police and have been picked up, homeless drug addicts.
Shame really, took the edge of our stay as Bayeux is a stunning place to visit.

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
Oh that is a shame, we stayed there last month, fantastic site and location, especially the pool next door. We had no problems thankfully, no wonder it took the edge off your stay. :cry:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
It is such a pleasant site. We had a young lad of about 10 knocking on the door early one morning, did his best to get in. He spoke English and was persistent, eventually left but we were told there would have been adults hiding waiting for him to report back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
vin.egan
Jan 14, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726G
Exp
since 2014
We are currently on this site, and now understand why a police car yesterday did a lap. We’ve not noticed any people or trouble and it’s a very very nice, well kept site. Will see how tonight goes.
How did it go?

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Sounds security a bit lapse to say the least

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
How did it go?
Had brilliant stay there. Couldn’t fault it. Spotlessly clean inside and out. New toilet block and there was a couple of stalls setup the second day selling home made burger, fries, and also another stall selling local beer.
Walked into town for the great Saturday market, walk is about 10-15mins along river. Later went to war graves there which are the biggest I believe and then we cycled along a listed cycle route to the villag of Arromanches-les-Bains where there is a museum, sculptures and viewing platform all about the war landings.

Highly recommend it all 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back