Rally Chat Jurassic Fields Festival & Seaside Meet, Highlands End Park, Bridport 12-16 July 2018 (2 Viewers)

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Welcome to fun! Thank you for being lovely neighbours to us! The cider is in the fridge keeping cool I don’t know if I am brave enough to try it but I am sure Mike will get stuck into it soon. Take Care both x

CalamitySpain

Funster
Jul 16, 2018
Funster No
Oh go on, be a devil!
Could do with the rest of the week off to recover and you were both great company x

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Thanks Karen & Alan, had a great time meeting all you guys, definitely getting it in my calendar for next year if it’s on, shame I missed waving Lesley & Chris off, we had a good laugh in the pub last night, see you all again sometime! Hope you all got home safe!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
We had a great time too and it was lovely meeting you all.
Sorry we missed you this morning @Ginster.
Last night was fun.@Ginster @patricia the newbie .......... I haven’t laughed so much in ages!!!
Thanks again to Karen and Alan for organising the event,we are definitely interested in doing it again next year.I will post some pics over the next few days.

(Dreadful traffic for our homeward journey....took 8hours!! Arrived home 6.15)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
saw @Popeye first of all looked as though he was trying to nick a couple of bicycles and Jackie was trying to stop him!:cool:

Cheeky git, sorry I didn't get to buy you a drink on Sunday evening Rangi @rangitira . A fabulouus meet, made so by new members and old. Nice to meet Pat and @Dizzy Izzy and @carolyn again. The Dux had a nice little dog too.

I had never met @Crazylegs before, we had a fair bit in common and could have chatted with you all night, but as regards your daughters dog and your generous bribe, you'll have to improve your offer. Nice to meet you too @patricia the newbie !

Apologies also for not getting to see the comedians at the festival but we discovered that Weymouth was having its very own Seafood Festival. It was a bit crowded but fabulous stalls and atmosphere.

IMG_7177_800x600.JPG

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Got back home to liquid sunshine
images
but a relief as no cooling breeze like we had at Highlands!
Thank you everyone for your kind words & for helping making it such an enjoyable & friendly meet - let's hope we can do it again next year as loved the location, Festival, walks, weather & last but definitely not least - the great company! :hi5:

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
What a fabulous weekend, some of you might have heard that we love this site, and have been several times before, perhaps it enchanted others as well? Anyway we enjoyed everyone’s company, the festival and especially the weather. Our thanks must go to Alan and Karen who tirelessly find, research, and organise these events well done guys. See you in Lymington.
859E8250-9963-4604-B6F8-124867DCBA13.jpeg
70491FCE-FD5E-4356-8275-21FBAEE4393F.jpeg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
What a fabulous weekend, some of you might have heard that we love this site, and have been several times before, perhaps it enchanted others as well? Anyway we enjoyed everyone’s company, the festival and especially the weather. Our thanks must go to Alan and Karen who tirelessly find, research, and organise these events well done guys. See you in Lymington.View attachment 243801 View attachment 243802
Thank you & have to admit the location worked it's magic on us - the views are amazing & missing our sea view already!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Last chance Popeye, I’ll throw in the daughter to sweeten the deal.

You must think I'm soft in the 'ed, my dad was one of three sons, I'm one of two sons. I have two sons and between them they have three sons, what on earth would I want with a daughter, especially one who abandons her dog on her long suffering parents.

No, the deal will have to get better than that before I put my hands up.:wink:

Our thanks must go to Alan and Karen who tirelessly find, research, and organise these events well done guys. See you in

Very well said, thank you Karen and Alan, well organised and looking forward to Lymington. Just remember I might still be wearing a Dinner Jacket!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just to let everyone know - we hope to do this all again next year & hopefully tempt a few more Funsters to join us! :party: We will post more info. once we know what's possible for 2019 from Highlands End & the Jurassic Fields Festival organisers.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Oh yes please, we will be there , great news.weve already been looking at inflatable awnings in case any of our little treasures can join us again, how sad are we?!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Oh yes please, we will be there , great news.weve already been looking at inflatable awnings in case any of our little treasures can join us again, how sad are we?!
Yay! Not sad at all just means more chance that you will be there & more the merrier (y) :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Nearly forgot - 2019 date for Jurassic Fields Festival is 12-13 July so aiming for a meet 11-15 July :)

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
We will do our best to be there again next year too. Thankyou @Wombles we had a lovely time

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We don’t need a reason to visit Highlands again, one of our favourite sites.

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Interested please add Rex and Cherry to the list. Thank
Wrong thread!!! Should be 2019

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
6 years
Hi. We would love to come on this rally, but due to work, we can only do fri & sat. Can we book in for 2 nights with the funsters or would it be better to book direct & meet everyone?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi. We would love to come on this rally, but due to work, we can only do fri & sat. Can we book in for 2 nights with the funsters or would it be better to book direct & meet everyone?
Hi - glad that you like this one :) - it is a meet not a rally so all booking is direct with the campsite so more or less nights is fine subject to availability. We don't have our own area as Highlands End booking method doesn't allow this so everyone just picks whichever is best for them on arrival of the type (e.g. gravel or grass) that they have booked so we may be interspersed with general campers but now so many Funsters are coming we might outnumber them! With the campsite likely to be fully booked there won't be any large enough areas on the pitches for so many to gather all together but there is a pleasant large bar & beer garden where we will definitely meet up plus probably lots of impromptu small gatherings, shared walks & taxis & generally bumping into each other on the beaches, in Bridport & at the Festival :hi5: Last year we were allowed to arrive & check in a bit earlier than their normal time (1pm instead of 3pm) so that helped those that wanted to pitch together or find their preferred spot (y) Will PM you now with all the booking info. & in case you have any other queries.
Know you didn't need all that info. necessarily but may help others too!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Any news of the 2019 line up yet?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Any news of the 2019 line up yet?
Yes :) - first headline act announced - Coasts:

"It is with great pleasure we are now able to announce our First Headliner for Jurassic Fields 2019.

…and what an unbelievable headliner we have lined up. We are still pinching ourselves that this band has agreed to become our Friday Night Headliner.

Coasts are reforming and are set to perform an exclusive appearance at Jurassic Fields Music festival 2019. This will be one of the hottest festival appearances on the circuit in 2019 so make sure you keep your eyes open for when tickets go on sale in the New Year.
Coasts are an English rock band formed in Bristol in 2011. They are most notable for achieving two UK Top 40 albums, the second of which reached the Top 20.

In 2012 the band released their debut single, 'Stay', which received radio support from Huw Stephens. During this period the band toured extensively across the UK with sell-out shows. In 2013 Coasts continued to sell out shows around the UK and in Europe.

In June.2014 their third single, "Oceans" recorded with Duncan Mills received great support from BBC radio 1’s Greg James and the band played a Radio 1 live session at Maida Vale for Huw Stephens. The single has also featured on Made in Chelsea. "Oceans" has received international media attention and has achieved over four million plays on SoundCloud.

The band went on to be named as iTunes 'Ones to Watch' in July 2014.

In the same year Coasts recorded "A Rush of Blood" with Mike Spencer which became their fourth single. The song was premiered as Zane Lowe's 'Hottest Record' on BBC radio 1 as well as receiving support from Fearne Cotton, Greg James and Huw Stephens. On the back of this the band embarked upon a UK tour

The band embarked on a North American tour in early 2015, with their first appearance taking place at EL Rey theatre, Los Angeles, California, United States. They have also headlined London's Scala & KOKO. They performed at Californian music festival Couchella in April 2015 and played the Reading and Leeds Festival in the UK in August 2015.

Their debut album, Coasts was released in January 2016. All music noted on Coasts self-titled debut album saying the Bristol quintet delivers a consistent and focused album of epic, danceable indie rock in the vein of Two Door Cinema Club, Bastille, and Imagine Dragons. Much like that latter band, the drums on Coasts are gigantic, pounding sonic booms. The choruses are equally huge, aiming straight for the rafters, along a wave of singalong chants and passionate declarations. The album went on the make no 38 in the album charts

In August 2017 the band released their second album This life, reaching no 17 in the album charts.

On 9 August 2018, Coasts announced via Facebook and Twitter that they will no longer be performing together as a band, naming the UK tour as their Farewell UK Tour. The band's final show was on 28 October 2018 in London at Shepherd's Bush Empire .......but a few emails and chats over the phone later Jurassic Fields asked the question to the band to appear on the Main Stage and perform one of the greatest exclusive performances to be seen in 2019. They agreed, so here we are with possibly one of the last chances you’ll get to catch COASTS ."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back