Rally Chat Jurassic Fields Festival & Seaside Meet, Highlands End Park, Bridport 12-16 July 2018

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Wombles, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Ginster

Ginster Funster

Ratings:
    +88
    Ha ha Carolyn at least now I can compete with my great nephew, thanks to Matthew for teaching us! One of the highlights of the week!

• Like it Like it x 1
  2. DC4JC

DC4JC Funster

Ratings:
    +143
    Been a great few days in a lovely location.
    We are going out for a meal this evening so wont be back for the 8 pm meet up.
    But just like to say thanks for orginising this and we would be up for it next year. (y)

• Like it Like it x 2
  3. Wombles

Wombles Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +5,886
    Had some Lyme Bay crab & a Dorset cream tea :inlove: Will have to do some walking this afternoon!

• Love it Love it x 1
  4. Wombles

Ratings:
    +5,886
    Glad you have enjoyed it - think the weather helped a lot! If we don't see you before - have a safe journey & will let you know if/when for next year.

5. Nana

Nana Funster

Ratings:
    +67
    Just arrived home to a downpour, what was that about doing the washing? Thank you all for the lovely welcome, we had a brilliant time and enjoyed meeting new people. Lovely location too, shhh don’t tell anyone they will all want to come next year! Karen and Alan ak @Wombles you were brilliant hosts and really looked after us, big hug and thank you. Mike and Toni X

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +40,105
    I can only echo the above from Mike and Toni @Nana - had a great time and it was good good to meet new and old friends. Especially a pleasure to see the old sea dog @rangitira and Maureen on such good form.

Sincere thanks to @Wombles Alan and Karen for the organisation- everybody enjoyed it

• Like it Like it x 2
  7. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Ratings:
    +5,509
    Thank you Karen and Alan @Wombles for organising such a great weekend. We had such fun and met so many lovely new people. Sorry @Nana but I've managed to get two loads of washing dry! Mind you I think the rain is due to arrive in time for my drive to Bristol airport so I shouldn't feel too smug.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Ratings:
    +23,554
    Good to meet up with some old funsters and some new, saw @Popeye first of all looked as though he was trying to nick a couple of bicycles and Jackie was trying to stop him!:cool:

Anyway many thanks to the @Wombles twas good to finally meet you "Ace Rally.Org"(y)
    Dave and Alison @DuxDeluxe the old fossil;)

And apologies to anyone else, it takes me a while to recognise faces(n) the second time.

• Like it Like it x 4
  9. patricia the newbie

patricia the newbie Funster

Ratings:
    +210
    Its just been fantastic, thankyou to Karen and Alan @Wombles for spotting this and being great hosts . I've met some lovely new people and I hope we'll meet up again soon

• Like it Like it x 2
  10. CalamitySpain

CalamitySpain

Ratings:
    +4
    I've joined!
    Great to meet you all, was a fab time. Alison

• Like it Like it x 3
  11. Nana

Nana Funster

Ratings:
    +67
    Welcome to fun! Thank you for being lovely neighbours to us! The cider is in the fridge keeping cool I don’t know if I am brave enough to try it but I am sure Mike will get stuck into it soon. Take Care both x

• Like it Like it x 1
  12. CalamitySpain

CalamitySpain

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh go on, be a devil!
    Could do with the rest of the week off to recover and you were both great company x

• Like it Like it x 1
  13. Ginster

Ginster Funster

Ratings:
    +88
    Thanks Karen & Alan, had a great time meeting all you guys, definitely getting it in my calendar for next year if it’s on, shame I missed waving Lesley & Chris off, we had a good laugh in the pub last night, see you all again sometime! Hope you all got home safe!

• Like it Like it x 2
  14. Dizzy Izzy

Dizzy Izzy Funster

Ratings:
    +732
    We had a great time too and it was lovely meeting you all.
    Sorry we missed you this morning @Ginster.
    Last night was fun.@Ginster @patricia the newbie .......... I haven’t laughed so much in ages!!!
    Thanks again to Karen and Alan for organising the event,we are definitely interested in doing it again next year.I will post some pics over the next few days.

(Dreadful traffic for our homeward journey....took 8hours!! Arrived home 6.15)

• Like it Like it x 1
  15. Popeye

Popeye Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +37,547

Cheeky git, sorry I didn't get to buy you a drink on Sunday evening Rangi @rangitira . A fabulouus meet, made so by new members and old. Nice to meet Pat and @Dizzy Izzy and @carolyn again. The Dux had a nice little dog too.

I had never met @Crazylegs before, we had a fair bit in common and could have chatted with you all night, but as regards your daughters dog and your generous bribe, you'll have to improve your offer. Nice to meet you too @patricia the newbie !

Apologies also for not getting to see the comedians at the festival but we discovered that Weymouth was having its very own Seafood Festival. It was a bit crowded but fabulous stalls and atmosphere.

IMG_7177_800x600.JPG

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  16. Crazylegs

Crazylegs Funster

Ratings:
    +565
    Last chance Popeye, I’ll throw in the daughter to sweeten the deal. 7DD9C2B8-E791-4F08-A7A5-3B78EEEA90D0.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  17. Wombles

Ratings:
    +5,886
    Got back home to liquid sunshine [​IMG]but a relief as no cooling breeze like we had at Highlands!
    Thank you everyone for your kind words & for helping making it such an enjoyable & friendly meet - let's hope we can do it again next year as loved the location, Festival, walks, weather & last but definitely not least - the great company! :hi5:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like it Like it x 1
  18. patricia the newbie

patricia the newbie Funster

Ratings:
    +210
    Ahhh, I agree, it was magic

• Like it Like it x 1
  19. Crazylegs

Crazylegs Funster

Ratings:
    +565
    What a fabulous weekend, some of you might have heard that we love this site, and have been several times before, perhaps it enchanted others as well? Anyway we enjoyed everyone’s company, the festival and especially the weather. Our thanks must go to Alan and Karen who tirelessly find, research, and organise these events well done guys. See you in Lymington. 859E8250-9963-4604-B6F8-124867DCBA13.jpeg 70491FCE-FD5E-4356-8275-21FBAEE4393F.jpeg

• Like it Like it x 3
  20. Wombles

Ratings:
    +5,886
    Yay & Welcome! Lovely to meet you too (y)