Rally Jurassic Coast & Festival Meet 2019 Highlands End, Bridport, Dorset 11- 15 July (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Time to start hiding the booze......@Clive is coming....

Seriously - look forward to seeing you again Clive. My round - I have the cheapo spanish brandy and vino in plastic 5 litre bottles specially obtained for you (y)

you might even be treated to some Aldi Glenratspiss finest malt if I have any left

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Oscar just had confirmation back that dogs are allowed at the Festival (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Old Rascal

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2013
Nailsea
Funster No
MH
Sunliving V65SL
Exp
Since 2012
Festival tickets have been bought, roll on the summer. :sun:

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Tickets purchased, but staying at the camping venue near the festival, same as i did last year. See you all there.

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Thanks @Wombles, got my ticket last night, had an alert set up for it looks like it might be better than last year! :Grin:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just checked with Highlands End & they still have some grass, gravel & concrete pitches available if anyone else wants to join us all? :hi: More details on first post of this thread & 2018 map of pitch layout here

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Highlands End is about 1.5 miles downhill walk to Bridport town & the Festival & taxis are around £7-£8 from Morrisons (next door to the Festival) back to the campsite & lots of us arranged to share last year which worked well. We chose it as it has great views, pitches with EHU, full facilities & also just a walk away from both West Bay & Eype beaches :inlove:Having a large bar area, restaurant, indoor pool & beer garden is ideal for meeting up too especially if we get some liquid sunshine!

For the full Festival experience & as an alternative option just 900m (with shuttle bus) from the Festival there is the official campsite for Jurassic Fields which we understand from @scottie was basic but good last year & as he mentioned above he has booked again as ideal for anyone that prefers to be closer to the action. They sold out quickly last year as many locals stay there in tents so book soon if this is your preferred option & if you want to meet up with fellow Funsters then sure we can do this at the Festival if you haven't already spotted some of us in Bridport or at the beaches :hi5:

More details about the official Jurassic Fields Festival campsite (£60 for motorhomes as classed as Live In Vehicles plus Festival ticket cost) here:

"This year Jurassic Fields has a bigger and better Camping and live in vehicle site. The campsite is located approx. 900m from the festival entrance. There are public footpaths to the festival but we will also be providing a shuttle bus. If you do decide to walk at night please bring a torch as approx 300m of the walk has limited lighting. This year you will be able to arrive at 12 Noon on Thursday 11th July.

The campsite facilities include toilets, waste, wash basins and will be well lit with security and stewards 24 hours a day. However there are no showers on the campsite but we have a deal with the local leisure Center that showers can be used for £1 there which is a short walk away."
This camping can be booked on the ticket link https://www.tickettailor.com/events...zY88DdgyAxB08g2QeLZqXWDHQRvd577J6rLNGtJ_bX3U# & dogs are allowed but may need to be walked in a specific area away from the camping pitches.

Last edited:

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Have booked for the Festival. Not been to this gig before but have been to Fairport a couple of times
We look forward to the walk down to Bridport but definitely would like to share a taxi back! :D
Brian & Lorna

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have just booked for this and hoping for good weather. Could we have the free dog code please.

Mike & Chris
Glad that you are joining us all :) - think the weather last year will be a hard act to follow as it was fab but keeping our fingers crossed! Will PM you now - see Inbox in top right corner of this web page.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Karen, unfortunately we cannot make this event and I have advised Highlands end and cancelled our booking.
Thanks, Mike.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hate to ruin anyone's day, but we've now booked on this, copying my big bruvver @Ejaydee ! ;)

Gravel Pitch for us,and we only had the option of 'North Rye Acres'!

Just to confirm, Highlands are happy that we take the cats but they would ask that they stay in the Moho.

Roll on summer. :sun:

Robin & Hilary

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hate to ruin anyone's day, but we've now booked on this, copying my big bruvver @Ejaydee ! ;)

Just to confirm, Highlands are happy that we take the cats but they would ask that they stay in the Moho.

Robin & Hilary
.....just when I thought that we were safe.... Be good to see you both again. (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Robin & Hilary

Good to hear that you can join us (y) These are gravel pitches in North Rye & some have views of Eype beach & the sea:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back