Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks in anticipation of your help
. Next year 2017: June. I am wanting to visit both Juno and gold beaches.what I am looking for is some help on where to park up for a day or two.. Suggestions for Aires or campsite would be appreciated.. Roy

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
There's a lovely overnight spot just by Allemande de Longues sur Mer. Have a look on googlemaps at

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@49.3...4!1sWz5O_CIOVSNZOk3sAwg0tg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There's a van already parked there. We stayed there for 4 days during the D Day celebrations 2 years ago. I'll try and dig some photos out if you're interested.
Yep please I am interested..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG
IMG_1811.JPG
Here you go. We'd have stayed longer but ran out of water.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
For Juno we stayed at the beach aire at 49.336987 0.465368.

There are no facilities at all, it's just parking but it's right on Juno beach. I believe there is another aire in Courseulles with a service point.

For Gold beach Arromanches is the best place because you've got the D-Day museum as well which really is a must do.

The aire is at 49.339013 0.625581 It's a tarmac one will overspill parking in the adjacent car park if necessary. This one does have a service point.

No idea about campsites if you want those instead but I'm sure there will be some.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The aire in Arromanches gets really busy, there are two options. The car park next to the 360 Cinema can be used for overnight stops, I think the charge is the same as the aire. Behind the aire in Arromanches is the municipal site, clean and tidy. The aire in Courselles sur Mer is next to Camping Le Champ de Course, again, gets busy as it is so close to the beach. There is an aire in Port en Bessin-Huppain, this is where the fuel line (Operation Pluto) came ashore and if you watch the film the longest day, the place used for Caen.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We drafted at the Bayeux municipal campsite which was handy for walking into Bayeux and also easy for driving to all of the D day sites.
We parked in the aire for the day on visiting Arromanches and saw a few Motorhomes Parked up by the 360 museum and both were good spots.

It's a great area to visit and wish we were paying a visit again. Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The aire in Courselles sur Mer is next to Camping Le Champ de Course, again, gets busy as it is so close to the beach.

There are three aires in Courseulles (y)

The one you mention is the "proper" one with a service point. The other two are places to park overnight that no facilities at all. The one we like is "Courseulles 3" according to All the Aires. It's just a row of 10 spaces right on the beach.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We're going to be in Normandy next D-day anniversary and I intend being somewhere along Sword, Juno or Gold beach areas. I'm quite concerned about being unable to get on an Aire, do they get that busy?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Never any problems parking up D- Day week, Juno can be a bit difficult parking up the hill west of the museum a sign says no Camping cars overnight but they don't care D-Day week. Don't bother trying the Aire at Arrmonches gets jammed with cars, they open up a field the south west corner of town you can stop there the night. As said Allemande de Longues sur Mer is a good spot, Caen museum has a couple of car parks you can stop in. Caretaen they open up car parks for camping cars quite a few of the museums you can stop outside and some of the Super U's have Aires. You won't have any trouble at all finding somewhere to stop.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
From my own experience, you may need to be flexible on where you want to be. The main aires do get very busy along the coast, it is a major event each year and a source of revenue for the area. The police are pretty good if you are just stopping overnight and find somewhere quiet or end up blocking someone else in. We have normally found somewhere, only been moved once and that was because the local campsite had complained (they were full anyway) - Policeman directed us to an acceptable spot in a car park.
They just want you there spending money. If you want to be really central and booked onto a campsite then the municipal at Arromanches is pretty good.

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
Arromanches Aire was full when we visited earlier this year. We ended up on the municipal Campsite, right behind the Aire and it was ideal.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Arromanches Aire was full when we visited earlier this year. We ended up on the municipal Campsite, right behind the Aire and it was ideal.
Two questions, did you have to book in advance and what date did you arrive at the site?

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
We were there July a did not prebook. I would probably look to book for D-Day celebrations though

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Sorry that should have read D Day Commemorations !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Like I said there is a field they open up for parking by the entrance to the town it's free and only about 100 m from the campsite. I wouldn't even attempt to drive around to the Aire D-Day week cars even park in the service bay.
You can stay at the top of the cliffs to the east of the town during the day but they move you off in the evening.
As I said never a problem finding a place to stay D-Day week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back