June the month in France (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I love finding / trying new aires , Quiet or quaint , small , by water (prefer lakes rivers pond by parks etc, not beach) , no need for restaurants (as use BBQ or moho cooker)
Mid france. All suggestions appreciated

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Would you not be better consulting these sites to get far more possibilities

campingcars-infos

campercontact

searchforsites

park4night.

Geoff

@FIDGET is asking his Funster 'Mates', not some anonymous bloke who posts on these forums in a language he doesn't understand. Hang on, wait a minute?:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Lurcy levis is next to a lake and there's one at arnage ( near Le-mans) that's riverside as is Dinan
They're the only ones ive seen with what you want.:)

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Oo oo just remembered Riems Aire is next to the canal du midi :)

1881TB

Free Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche, 2013
Exp
Spent a few weeks touring Australia and New Zealand about 10 years ago...
Clerac, a little village just North of Bordeaux, has a free aire by a little pond, no electricity, but fits your requirements. We stopped for a night in March but the water was still off for winter. We were able to empty the black though...

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I think you know about Sancoins already and someone mentioned Lurcy Levis which is nearby. Lurcy Levis only has about 6 pitches but is very pleasant.
Just along from there is Dun-sur-Arron which looks pleasant but when we tried it last year there was lots of construction work going on and several dodgy looking young blokes hanging around. It did look a nice town though so we should really give it another try.
Much further south is Lac du Pareloup, not far from Millau. Lots of smashing Aires in old villages just off the A75.

There’s a few to be going on with. (y):D

Richard.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Have a look at the area around east of the champagne region. Google cascades Du herrison and lac vouglans. You can wild at lac d'Ilay fill up at clairveaux les lacs trundle up gorges and numerous aires all as good as each other. Meander back via the canal system of champagne region with several water placements and lac Du der at mesnil st pere. If deciding this is an option that is viable look up reviews on searchforsites under my name. A few on there for that region . And pretty much all free !

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Have a look at the area around east of the champagne region. Google cascades Du herrison and lac vouglans. You can wild at lac d'Ilay fill up at clairveaux les lacs trundle up gorges and numerous aires all as good as each other. Meander back via the canal system of champagne region with several water placements and lac Du der at mesnil st pere. If deciding this is an option that is viable look up reviews on searchforsites under my name. A few on there for that region . And pretty much all free !

@suavecarve Great , Thanks we've been to Mesnil st Pere aire ,but not really done the area you have suggested , it may be a possibility for our sept trip instead of june ,as we sort of plan to go a bit more west of the A6.

Last edited:

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Clerac, a little village just North of Bordeaux, has a free aire by a little pond, no electricity, but fits your requirements. We stopped for a night in March but the water was still off for winter. We were able to empty the black though...

Another vote for Clerac, although more a pond than a lake, quiet little village, 5 spaces, there was 1 free hookup when we were there in May last year, plus a toilet. Baker's a few minutes away. Spent a couple of peaceful night's there.

Hymie

Feb 17, 2018
STEYNING WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
bessacarr e444 motorhome
Exp
since 2002
Hi we are on the ferry from Newhaven at 23-00hrs on Monday 4th June then heading south through Rouen to go down N10 with our friends they will leave us at Berritz to go to Portugal we are going to Lourdes then making our way back up slowly for the month maybe catch up with you

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Mailleraye Sur Sein is a favourite of many. It's alongside the river and watching the river traffic is quite captivating. (y)

Wyn

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi we are on the ferry from Newhaven at 23-00hrs on Monday 4th June then heading south through Rouen to go down N10 with our friends they will leave us at Berritz to go to Portugal we are going to Lourdes then making our way back up slowly for the month maybe catch up with you
@Norman-p
4th we are at cite d europe aire , 5th st nicolas de bliquetuit aire just up from la mailleraye sur seine
we do visit there on the way back for vets (thanks @WynandJean )
then to mortagne au perche one of my favourites.
then to pouance aire another fav!
then who nows where.
might see you onour travels. Terry

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I love finding / trying new aires , Quiet or quaint , small , by water (prefer lakes rivers pond by parks etc, not beach) , no need for restaurants (as use BBQ or moho cooker)
Mid france. All suggestions appreciated
Terry, I would love to help you, but most the aire I know in France I think you have me in the first place.

We are making our way to the French Alps and plan to stay for a few days here -
Parking Les Chapieux
http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...ice/4295/parking-les-chapieux.aspx?lang=en_EN

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Mailleraye Sur Sein is a favourite of many. It's alongside the river and watching the river traffic is quite captivating. (y)

Wyn
We are heading back north and will be at La Mailleraye tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon until Tuesday morning.
Do come and say hello if any of you are there.

@FIDGET, I see you are practicing being a FLT. I know it’s €6 but La Mailleraye is so much nicer. :LOL: :LOL:

Richard.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
If you happen to use Camper Contact then considerthe Limousin region, there is a huge lake at Razes, another at presquile de Pierre, then Lesignan and massignac, then nearer to us is a lovely quiet aire at Saint Mathieu or Saint Estephe. If after all those you feel the need for a shower then Parc Verger is within a stones throw and with a brief, pleasant walk from there we do coffee for funsters.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We loved a municipal site at St Léon sur Vézère. Pay the few euros at the hamlet’s town hall (when open)! Shower and toilet at the town hall but the pitches are alongside the river. Just a couple of restaurants and a tiny shop. There is an aire as well but not alongside the river.
5F3D50C4-BF4B-4A18-B98E-5F245CDD1ED4.jpeg
7B2C8016-0D85-4473-9828-D5BA3D77BF47.jpeg

If you are lucky there will be some local cycle races to add colourful atmosphere.
6FF9A309-9E1E-4437-B095-1E6668865831.jpeg

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We are heading back north and will be at La Mailleraye tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon until Tuesday morning.
Do come and say hello if any of you are there.

@FIDGET, I see you are practicing being a FLT. I know it’s €6 but La Mailleraye is so much nicer. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Richard, we would have loved to say hi but ,Inot sure about the time we arrive might be mid to late PM ,before we are at St Nic or la Mailleraye
No doubt pass you on your way north/east as we go south/west

Richard.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979