Rally [Jun 5, 2015]Kent Motorhome Show (1 Viewer)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi brisey, should turn up on Fri morning and pay on gate.
Hopefully can park with fun as Jim is unable to attend.
:)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
List of pre booked attendees for the Kent Motorhome Show at Detling.
When you have booked with Event Developments, and have filled out Jims attendance form
please post on this thread and you will be added to the list.
  1. Brisey & Pamelaaar ( Rally Marshals )
  2. CJB
  3. gozomike
  4. normanandsue
  5. Ifor
  6. Grasscutter
  7. Eve
  8. Bluestar
  9. des1001
  10. Les
  11. hovisbrown
  12. Ali n tim
  13. Andy
  14. B-well
  15. icantremember
  16. Highwayman
  17. Dbailey2
  18. salv53
  19. Simpson.
  20. dryad
  21. Karenh
  22. Theonlysue
  23. jimboy

Last edited:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
hi Brisey have booked with kent show and also filled in jims foam but not on the m/h list on the thread have I left anything out regards jim

just bumped for @Brisey..:)

looking forward to meeting all us intrepid 'long distance' funsters.. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
hi Brisey have booked with kent show and also filled in jims foam but not on the m/h list on the thread have I left anything out regards jim

You are on the list now jimboy. Look forward to meeting you at Detling.
Brisey.

hovisbrown

Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
Hi all
looks like we might not make it this weekend, dog's not well. We got back yesterday from Hayling island and he's off his food and coughing like a train, vet's this morning, he says it might be an infection and put him on some anti biotics, but his money is really on a heart problem (cardio myopathy) he is an old Boxer and they do suffer with thier heart in later years. If no improvement in a couple of days he needs an X-ray to confirm one way or the other, I just gave him his pills which he promptly threw back at me, so try a bit later after his tummy settles (I didn't give him his breakfast in case the vet wanted him to stay).
Regards

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi hovisbrown, thanks for letting us know of your situation.
Fingers crossed, all will be well and that you will be able to attend the show.
Regards,
Brisey.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hi all
looks like we might not make it this weekend, dog's not well. We got back yesterday from Hayling island and he's off his food and coughing like a train, vet's this morning, he says it might be an infection and put him on some anti biotics, but his money is really on a heart problem (cardio myopathy) he is an old Boxer and they do suffer with thier heart in later years. If no improvement in a couple of days he needs an X-ray to confirm one way or the other, I just gave him his pills which he promptly threw back at me, so try a bit later after his tummy settles (I didn't give him his breakfast in case the vet wanted him to stay).
Regards

Hope all goes well and hope you can make it to Kent show
upload_2015-6-3_18-13-48.jpeg

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hi all
Regards

So sorry to hear of your dogs illness...........hope he improves :) (we need all the East Sussex Funsters we can get there...........to stop the kent lot taking over. :whistle::rofl:)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Wishing your dog a speedy recovery. Ours goes in for an operation on Tuesday. Wishing everyone a safe journey to Detling and looking forward to a sunny and cheery weekend :) Have fun wherever you may be :)

PS:- Dont forget to pay the DartCharge if you go through dartford tunnel or across the Queen Elizabeth Bridge - dont want anyone getting a nasty fine letter after a good weekend :)

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Think it must be summat in the air, mine, whilst in no way as ill as hovisbrown's four pawed companion sounds, isn't herself, at the mo.

hovisbrown

Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
Thanks guys, we apreciate all your comments and good wishes, as we wish to those in a similar position. However things are looking up (fingers crossed). Now managed to get 2 doses of anti-biotics down his neck, and he's almost back to his crazy self, cough almost gone and filling his face with food again, so with a bit of luck we'll make it tomorrow. Traffic allowing and a following wind and we'll be with you by 6pm or there abouts. See you all there, and thanks again for good wishes.
Regards
Paul

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Great news, mate. (y)
Look forward to saying 'hello'.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Arrived home from a really pleasant and relaxing weekend. Many thanks to Pam and Brisey. It was good to see everyone and to meet some new funsters.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Just got back as well, did see you both, but not close enough to say 'hello' :) Dam fine, relaxing event...............well done to Pam and Brisey for ordering the good weather.............although if you've nicked it from dorset meet.....:mad: :rofl:

hovisbrown

Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
I'd like to echo the last 2 comments, and apologise for sneaking off early on Sunday. We were fully intending to stay to the bitter end on Monday, however early Sunday morning the Dog took a turn for the worse and collapsed, so we thought it prudent to get him home and to a vet ASAP. Our eldest son is a vet so we can get good quick advice, only problem is he lives in Stockholm so cant take a quick look, neither can he save us any money, got to be bad manners at the very least to qualify as a vet and then fall in love with a Swede. Got the dog to the vets first thing this morning, they did blood tests and X-rays, blood results good, however he has fluid around one lung, a sample has gone for testing, just need to wait and see now.
Regards
Paul

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Oh blimey, Paul; Cause you did the right thing, we did wonder where you'd gone...............:)
Glad to hear he's being looked at; fingers X'd things will turn out ok, for him, and you both.
Was great to meet you both, hope to see you again, soon. (y)

Andy.

hovisbrown

Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
Not sure if I should put this on here, but you were all interested in our problems with our dog , in particular Andy, so here goes. We lost our wonderful boy today (probably lung cancer) already greatly missed. RIP Cooper.
Regards
Paul
DSCN0218.JPG

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure if I should put this on here, but you were all interested in our problems with our dog , in particular Andy, so here goes. We lost our wonderful boy today (probably lung cancer) already greatly missed. RIP Cooper.
Regards
PaulView attachment 66281
So sorry to hear that:( I think we were next door but one to you at Detling. Hope to meet you in happier circumstances sometime :)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry to hear of your loss Paul.
We look forward to meeting you again in happier times.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
So so sorry to hear of your loss. Mew & Mick

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hi Paul;

I'm so very sorry to hear of Coopers passing;

No words can bring him back, BUT a little comfort maybe's can be had remembering his last outing with you both, at the show, where he did seem to enjoy himself, at least for a while.

Chin up, mate.........you both did all you could for him, I guess it was just his time;

All the very best to you both, and hope to meet you again, in happier times.

R.I.P Cooper

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back