Rally [Jul 31, 2015] Falkirk Wheel Meet (Falkirk) (3 Viewers)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
so, what do all good fun loving people do after a hearty breakfast :)

well actually most of us watched

IMG_0854.JPG

while a few of us

IMG_0837.JPG

I use the word 'us' guardedly, I was in charge of the camera :):)

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

some started so well, but all ended pretty much the same.......

IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
IMG_0849.JPG

full marks and total respect for trying (y)(y)(y)

and then the next episode will just give Jims server a chance to catch up and find some more photo space

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Ohhhhh that looks such fun!!!! Hoping to be there next year once we get the power stuff sorted. Brother-in-law suggests solar plus a mini wind generator. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Arrived safely back home after a fantastic meet ....thanks @irnbru
Sandra thank you for all your hard work especially for organising the extra boat trip this morning.
Big thank you to @andy63 as well ....I think everyone had a great time ...the scottish dancing last night went down well ....I hope Max didn't tread on too many of your toes @kernewek and George your gummy bears are something else the jelly shots were quite good as well.
Lovely to meet everyone it's nice to put faces to names we see on the forum.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
That looks like it was great fun and I couldn't have watched .... I want to be in there with you... Brilliant. So pleased the weekend went well for you Sandra. :)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Looks like it has been a great meet ... I would love to try the waterwalkerz sometime as they weren't operating when we were there..... but there was a pair of baby Kelpies by the wheel! ......
View attachment 71076
Hi Brian the baby kelpies passed us on a low loader as we arrived en route to an exhibition in Glasgow I think

Meantime back at camp the seemingly endless bbq continues.20150802_202127.jpg20150802_202137.jpg20150802_202151.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
so, now to the Segways

the eager anticipation

IMG_0856.JPG

even the induction was scary for some

IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG

a fairly controlled ascent

IMG_0865.JPG

although just noticed @Terry is pointing a different direction to the rest :)

then they reached grass and all fear and sense seemed to be abandoned

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

then off to woods not to be seen for another 45 minutes
IMG_0880.JPG

all safely back, if a little sore and bruised in a couple of cases :)(y)

Nov 1, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 2013
That's me home safely - thanks to Sandra for organising a brilliant meet. Thanks to all who joined in with the ceilidh - it's no fun if nobody dances!! Fab people, great entertainment. Gummy bears - bleah! Stick to the jellies George!! ;)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Thanks again Sandra for a first class Meet. Great to find new friends and some recently made ones too(from Hartlepool Meet) Never laughed so much realising, I've not got only two left feet but two arms equally out of control, for the Ceilidh dancing. Thanks to Kernewek for enthusiastically trying to teach us the moves.
Looking forward to doing it all again next year.
What a great bunch Funsters really are!
Ashley & Ian

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Just a quick post to let you know another two are home safely. A huge thanks to Sandra for organising a great venue and to everyone else that put in so much effort to making it a fabulous wk end..special thanks to George @George Graham and Karen @tartanlass for cooking the whole wk end...
I'll be back on tomorrow when I've counted money and hopefully paid it ,and tell all you very generous funsters what you raised for help the heroes...
Ta Andy .

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Another happy funster arrived home safe and happy, after yet another great weekend spent with "oor gang ", the weather didn't put a check on the fun and games, everyone had a smile on their faces the whole time !,

Special thanks to Sandra, who's idea it was in the first place, and her hard work and diligence in persevering to get it all together, supported by the endless energy of Andy63, although even he was running out of steam towards the end hee hee, no wonder . . . he was at the forefront of virtually every event !, the hosptitality provided by George was absolutely great, endless "legless " you know what I mean !!!!! drinks, and ever lasting barbie . . well done George and the cooks, fetchers and carriers, bottlewashers and of course all the Funsters who made it such a good time !,

Sandra . . . you really have put Scotland on the Funster rally map, thanks again,

Ken :drink::drink::drink:

Jul 29, 2014
Montrose Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for your help today. Andy , I am now sitting in a pub called The Strickland Arms near Penrith and stopping in the car park for the night but I will definitely have an early night tonight, it was an absolutely great weekend with fantastic people, roll on next year

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Home now, a repeat of all the praise as above where due, really great event (y)(y):):)

Just to give you a giggle that I thank Terry or Alan for not snitching on

Followed my sat nag, Bev would have loved this, programmed to go back via M74, came out of site and she said turn right, so without Bev to check her we did just that, 3 miles later without any warning come to a low bridge 10' 3", now a few months ago following various guidance on this forum I decided to print a 'safe height' notice for our MH. It is 3.06m tall and we added a sat dome 0.380m, but the original height included skylights etc. so I agreed a figure of 3.33m which I in turn converted to 11'

SO I knew I had some tolerance, but how much, and which side is the sat dome (under pressure, no idea) the 10'3" looked like I needed to duck in my seat, so decided a multi point turn was in order, cursing the council for not signing at a point where I could decide more easily, cursing Tom Tom, being cursed by the queue of other traffic waiting for me to get out of the way

As I pass @Terry he says, 'mine said turn left', well thanks T, mine didn't, but back home looking forward to the next meet

I reckon we could re do this one in September Sandra (y)(y) (this year not next :))

Or we could all do Durness in January?? :):)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Or we could all do Durness in January?? :):)

Only if there is EHU....

New satnag arrived at lunchtime and is charging (last one didn't get that far) so will have to work out how to use it at some point. Will try to program it to get to my parents' house for Thursday :) should be a good trial run as we know the route so well anyway.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thank you everyone for all your lovely comments. I am glad you all had FUN. Remember Its YOU guys that made the meet and with some of you even travelling many hours to get there. Much appreciated!
Special thanks to the 2 chefs Karen and George and to Andy for looking after the ££££. We had 21 MHs there and I am delighted with the funds raised for Help The Heroes. Well done everyone and THANKYOU for your generous donations.
Anyone considering arranging a first meet... JUST DO IT If I can then anyone can:)

@DavidG58 Sept sees us finally heading over the tunnel :) Durness a maybe .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back