Rally [Jul 16, 2015] Hartlepool Marina Monkey Hangers Rally (Cleveland) (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
That's great Mike. It was a good meet in a fantastic setting. If you can organise another for next year that would be even better. With the space around the back of the main meet there would be room for additional vans also.(y)

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
That's a brilliant result Mike - all the more admirable considering your recent health problems. It was a pleasure to work with both you and Andy on the Marshalling and also to play in the Rex Factor band which was a particular joy for me. My personal thanks also go no only to the band members but to all the Funsters who obviously enjoyed themselves - that makes it all worthwhile in my book. (y)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Brilliant result Mike . Can we please be on the list for next years meet :) :) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
You're a Star Mike and happy to help next year if required (y)

Echoing Andys comment . . you are indeed a star Mike, and with the support of the lovely Gwen of course, despite having had more than enough on your plate recently, you arranged what turned out to be a wonderful weekend on the marina at Hartlepool as many Funsters have already said !, one of the very best I have been to, the location, the sheer convenience of a short walk into town, shops, very many pubs and restaurants, including our very own onsite Jacksons Wharf, who looked after us Funsters royally, and whose turnover must have had the brewery bosses scratching their heads when they saw the takings for the weekend !!!!,

The efforts in obtaining the discounts for us Funsters from the various food and drink outlets must have taken some doing Mike and I take my hat off to you mate,

The Marshalls worked very hard to get us all sited and looked after generally, and of course our very own Funster band . . The Rex Factor . . . thank you one and all,

If it does go ahead next year, as I fervently hope it will, the numbers attending will probably double as people are already confirming their eagerness . . put me at the top of the list with that one,

Thanks again Mike and Gwen.

Ken :drink: :drink: :drink:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
An excellent result Mike & Gwen. (y)

Rita and I thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Hartlepool, and would certainly like to join the meet again, should you be successful in securing the Marina location next year.

Many thanks again for all your hard work, especially under extenuating circumstances. Well done. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Great result Mike supporting charities while having fun doesn't get any better than that fab weekend can't wait for next year (y)
Sue & Eric x

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Well done Mike, obviously a huge effort to get the rally organised. Hope the council let you organise another next year now that the "practice run" was such a success:D

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Got a phone call today from the Hospice enquiring about the £200 donation. Apparently they get very few donations of that size.
The lady was very interested in our rally and very, very grateful for the donation. She is going to prepare a press release for the local paper. If it gets printed I will post a link.
I won't hold my breath though because it's the same lazy bunch of journals who didn't turn up to take photos and interview Funsters during the rally. (And some of the girls got dolled up specially!)
I suppose though if it's given to them on a plate it's got a chance of making the paper, they don't have to think or write anything.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
This was truly a fantastic meet and gave me the opportunity to put faces to names. @beerdrinker1 - Ken you must of increased the bar takings somewhat as I saw your van but never managed to see you!!!
I definitely want to visit the marina again and really hope this venue can become a regular event.
Thanks again to all those involved for your hard work, it really is appreciated.
Hope your recovery is going well Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back