Judging Levelling Ramps Alone (1 Viewer)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
When you get a double post, and you edit the second one, why does it always change the FIRST one instead???

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
And now the second post has disappeared!!!
But what was it I said in the first place??? Can't really remember. Something or other about level playing fields...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
More accurate (and free) if you have an Android phone (may work on iphone as well) is to get the Truma app which includes a levelling app which sets out how much you need to chock up each wheel to get it level (you first need to tell it your wheelbase and width).
That will be accurate if you don't have suspension...
The wheel in question may be half way or more up the ramp before the body starts to lift due to the suspension needing to compress first.
Lifting two wheels, fore/aft or side to side, and it will work.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
The only time I use me levellers is to change the oil, the higher I go the easier it gets;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
Three tips I can vouch for when getting on the ramps, and I do sometimes, do this singlehanded
Before you start climbing on, stand about 10-15ft in front of your MH to get a good perspective of height & correct placement paralleetcl .This really helps your judgement when you need one side higher than the other.
If the ground is boggy fiamma ramps will sink into the mire, I put some yellow fiamma grip mats under to stop it happening.
If it goes wrong, it will continue to go very wrong , you feel the whole campsite is sniggering & watching. In my case a hot flush will sweep over me, my language will deteriorate, the dog will start barking with excitement and it will start to pour with rain. Eventually it will go right, then kettle on......

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We use a short spirit level and judge how many steps by how far away from the 'mark' the bubble is. Then we wait for it to stop moving LOL and see if we're about right. I always check the side to side by opening the (side) bathroom door and see if it falls open or closed.

Bit of a pain on sloping supermarket carparks when you're trying to put the food shopping away cos it's hot and the butter will melt etc - and the fridge and cupboard doors keep hitting you!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I always level the moho... even if wilding...

I do it so that I can use the shower and it drains.. and so's I can fry using all of the pan as opposed to the low side etc.

And so doors and cupbords don't swing open or shut..

Also I notice if my feet are not planted on a level floor... and it bugs me... especially if I know I can level the van in a jiffy.

I'm solo and it really is easy... I posted my method on another thread - on the same subject - some time last year..

The Fridge thing is just a bonus if true.. as I level for other reasons....

John

Dave_MH

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Relatively New
Milenco produce a spirit level ... that will indicate what number rise you need to be level
I don't know how they have managed to sell those, because they can't be accurate without knowing the wheelbase of your vehicle - at least that's my mate Pythagoras says.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I totally agree Dave the curvature of our planet throws me out every time too,
I had assumed they were made for the folk who wanted to be within the 2%-3% of level recomeded by Motorhome and Fridge manufacturers. Those wishing to host the World Snooker championships wold consult your mate Py for sure
G

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The only time I use me levellers is to change the oil, the higher I go the easier it gets;)
Lucky you, I need these all the time on the farm where we spend a lot of time.....

image.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back