Judge not, lest ye be judged !!! (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
On the way to Parc Verger yesterday on a downhill slope myself and Pete were "pinged" by a speed camera !:cry:

The cars in front were not, so I assume it was only 1 or2 K's over the limit !!!!:Blush:

So.......what might the outcome be ????????:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Do nothing..... Wait till the police catch up with you then claim diplomatic immunity Steve. Or tell them the last time you were in France in 1944 you were travelling faster and didn't see a single Frenchman in uniform. They have a great sense of humour, they'll laugh and let you off:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Agree with Jim, the French are well known for their sense of humour especially regarding the war, great plan that...........:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am glad my people are keeping a good eye on you.

Go to the nearest French police station and pay DOUBLE the required fine and at the same time beg for forgiveness for your despicable behaviour, Steve...

Fancy going over to your beloved Continental neighbours and blatantly disregarding their highly civilised laws which were designed purely for the safe keeping of their fine, upstanding citizens and protection from the petrol head speeders from Blighty...

JJ :Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If all else fails you could always say that Chris Huhne was driving::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
It's a fair cop guv. Which way to the guillotine ?

I am glad my people are keeping a good eye on you.

Go to the nearest French police station and pay DOUBLE the required fine and at the same time beg for forgiveness for your despicable behaviour, Steve...

Fancy going over to your beloved Continental neighbours and blatantly disregarding their highly civilised laws which were designed purely for the safe keeping of their fine, upstanding citizens and protection from the petrol head speeders from Blighty...

I was in a hurry to get somewhere !!!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Wait until you get a ticket before panicking - I have been pinged before by cameras and never recieved a ticket - probably minimally over - depends on local laws and time/cost of recovery.

If you get one, you either pay or contest it. You can pay over the phone on a toll number, send a cheque to the treasury, or if in france you can buy stamps and stick them to the fine (probably not relevant)

Interesting note; If you can traker or cab camera, you can locate your position & speed for verification if you wish to contest.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I saw only yesterday that French traffic cops are taping over speed cameras because they are disgusted how they are being used for revenue collection, nearly €1B in the last year. Cops also have a quota they have to fill on offences.

So they want your money not your head.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Heard tell the Foreign Legion is not so bad these days

:france:Vive La France:france:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I saw only yesterday that French traffic cops are taping over speed cameras because they are disgusted how they are being used for revenue collection, nearly €1B in the last year. Cops also have a quota they have to fill on offences.

So they want[HI] your money not your head[/HI].

Some use one for the other... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Apologise profusely and tell them that the speed camera database on your satnav was out of date. That you have updated it so it will never happen again. I'm sure that they will be very understanding:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Apologise profusely and tell them that the speed camera database on your satnav was out of date. That you have updated it so it will never happen again. I'm sure that they will be very understanding:thumb:

.......Not.

You will be in even deeper if you say you have speed camera warning points on your sat nav, with twice the fine.

Ask at PV but im thinking if it didnt flash the cars then the camera decided you were a lorry/large van which could be regulated to a lower speed than the cars.

Last edited:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
I was 'flashed' in May and spent the next half hour feeling a bit p****d but soon forgot about it and nothing ever came of it!:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Ask if you can pay the fine in Fray Bentos pies......the french are partial for some nice grub..........and as they say "One man's meat is another man's poisson !"

barry:Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Ask if you can pay the fine in Fray Bentos pies......the french are partial for some nice grub..........and as they say "One man's meat is another man's poisson !"

.......I think in France the saying should be:-

.....................One man's Fish is another man's Poisson

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
On the way to Parc Verger yesterday on a downhill slope myself and Pete were "pinged" by a speed camera !:cry:

The cars in front were not, so I assume it was only 1 or2 K's over the limit !!!!:Blush:

So.......what might the outcome be ????????:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Tell them you were speeding cos you were late for an appointment on a round about... :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We all know an old Funster,
Salopian is his name.
He’s often seen with ladies
Who are clearly on the game

In the winter you will find him,
racing right through France.
The gendarmes they might catch him
He’s prepared to take the chance.

We know why he goes so fast,
why he doesn’t seem to care.
He’s rushing back to see a girl
Sitting on a plastic chair!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I got Zapped in June on Motorway heading south..... cursed and banged my head for a while as i swear i was not exceeding the speed limit..:RollEyes:..

anyway

keep your head down:Eeek:

nothging come my way yet::bigsmile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I personally wouldn't worry until it happens.

On a short break to Luxembourg in early 2006 we got flashed several times. Once on the mway round Lille somewhere, we were using Via Michelin printed instructions then and I was just looking down at the directions and actually saying 'There's a speed camera somewhere round here, Pete' and he replied, 'Too late - I know!'

A bit nearer Calais we'd hopped off the mway to visit Decathlon as you do and just after that trying to make up the time we'd lost there and round Lille in the taxi-drivers rolling roadblock and get to the ferry, Hello Mum again. And that was a cunningly placed portable one, with a patrol car parked slightly behind a tree a few 100yds further on.

Pete scrapped that car last year and we still haven't heard anything.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

And we all know how much they love our beef. :roflmto:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Yea right !!

We all know an old Funster,
Salopian is his name.
He’s often seen with ladies
Who are clearly on the game

In the winter you will find him,
racing right through France.
The gendarmes they might catch him
He’s prepared to take the chance.

We know why he goes so fast,
why he doesn’t seem to care.
He’s rushing back to see a girl
Sitting on a plastic chair!

I thought that a piccy of a tart with a Funsters I.D. would be a bit of a hoot !!:Cool: Effin cost me 5 Euros for that and will I ever live it down !:Doh:

Oh Please! give an OAP a bit of a break chaps !.....:tears::tears::tears::tears:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I was stopped last Thursday by two local traffic caps hidding with a camera, I wasn't speeding going along in traffic when one of them flagged my down, I stopped the other side of the side road they were at and waited for what I had done wrong, after a couple of mins one came up and asked why I had my fog lights on, I told him I had turned my lights on in the Hospital car park and realised one dip on the drivers side was off (now fixed) so rather than having only sides on I put the fogs on for illumination, he then said you can put your dips on for driving at night , I said no it's not working, oh said he it's getting a bit misty now so carry on , If it was misty (it wasn't) why did he stop me in the first place ? perhaps smelling for beer. Pete :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back