scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
is there a way of preplanning a trip by putting down the places you want to visit and produce a map of intended journey. We have ipads but was hoping to print off a map befor we go.ta

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
is there a way of preplanning a trip by putting down the places you want to visit and produce a map of intended journey. We have ipads but was hoping to print off a map befor we go.ta

We find we can plan a trip but then,,THE WEATHER buggers it up and we change our plans,,BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Also... Via Michelin website route planner.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I know it's so Last Century but you can do this with actual hardware. :)
After a bit of experimenting with alternatives I've decided you can't beat the Michelin atlas as a starting point. Then get some round coloured sticky things. I bought mine from a local stationer but you can get them on line. The ones I've got are about 5 mm in diameter.
Then mark your route on the atlas with the stickers. I don't use many, three or four a page usually but that's enough to show the general direction to head. :)

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Been playing with google maps but cant work out how to put multiple locations

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Planning what's that's all about, we often have a final destination and as we travel try to see what's interesting on the way even if it does mean a big detour.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I was surprised to find that my ancient copy of Microsoft Autoroute works on Windows 10 on my P.C. without a problem. It does just what you want and you can print out the resulting route (or individual bits).
Yes it's getting on a bit but *if* you could find a copy (discontinued in 2013!) it gives you the ability to type in a list of towns, then at the touch of a button shows where they are on the map. Then it will let you plot them in optimal order. And if you want you can drag the route marker and drop it in another spot.
I think mine's from 2005 but there cannot be many towns that were not about then or many that no longer exist. Mabe a very small number of changes to the occasional road layout but nothing to change an overall route. (y)

Wyn

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We always plan our trip meticulously then some bastard asks us “Have you been to x,y or z”.(n)

That cocks us up completely. We go have a look and, when there, some even bigger bastard says “You just have to go and visit a, b or c”.:confused:

Maps are great. Plans are crap.

Drive where the mood takes you and enjoy what you see!(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back