joss bay (1 Viewer)

H

hannah29

Deleted User
can anyone tell me where exactly is joss bay in kent and if you can park a motorhome anywhere close to the beach please

hannah

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I lived in Kent (bottom bit) for 50 years and I've never heard of it, pm highwayman he lives top part of kent coast he might be able to help. :thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Quick goggle says Thanet, margate ramsgate pegwell bay area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Hannah
Not 100% sure where it is but think it near Margate looking at the pics at www.jossbay.co.uk I see a coach and vans near the beach.
Found this as well

Joss Bay is a sandy beach backed by low cliffs with rocks at either end of the break. Primarily a surfing break when its working, there is some localism where surfing is concerned.

This spot is located just outside the town of Broadstairs on the coastal road towards botany bay and Margate. It is marked by a huge lighthouse on the hill overlooking the spot.

Because of the cliffs behind the beach, the suitability for kite surfing is reduced.
During the summer, the beach can get packed, which makes surfing hazzardous, but there is only any real surf from late aug to april.
Lifeguards are only on duty during the summer, in the winter they are usually surfing.

There are signposted coastal walks or cycle rides from the beach.

Pay and display parking for 200 cars is available.

Also saw this address Joss Bay

Joss Gap Road, Broadstairs, Kent, CT10 3PG

Sonja

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hannah29

Deleted User
many thanks for all your help. i have just phoned the tourist information for thanet and what excellent customer service. apparently there is no height barriers and no marked spaces so no worries about taking up two. you are also able to park on the grass so even better in a motorhome in the lovely sunny weather and eat our lunch right outside the van. the young lady also rang me back to warn me they occasionally had a guy walking round in a high vis jacket claiming you had to pay extra for parking. she has warned me not to. the only payment needed is from the machine. what great customer service. will post back in a few days and let you know what its like
hannah

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back