Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are changing the van and looking to arrange a cover note.

We have always insured via the C&CC.

We live in quite a high risk area and have been paying £600 odd for the past 4 years.

However, the present insurers told us that we must have a GPS tracker fitted and then the new van would cost about £640 with a tracker.

My wife rang Johns Cross about a tracker and the salesman helpfully pointed out that although they could supply one , there was no need and that we were being overcharged for our insurance.

They went further than that and supplied a list of insurers to get a quote from.

How good is that?

The result?

A quote from Comfort of £270:whatthe:

Thank you Johns Cross:thumb:

Not only have you saved us a bundle of cash, but we will probably get a tracker from you as well paid for by your sound advice.

slimbob

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
northants
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
long time
i have been useing j/cross for a long time now and would never dream of going else where.
i live in brackley and have a swift dealer near me .but would still prefer to go down to j/cross .
a lot of dealers could learn a lot from these guys .

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
this is my second year with comfort and i have always found them the cheapest out of all the insurers and it also include euro cover

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another vote for Comfort Insurance - renewed again last week. :thumb:

Mike

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Having been a big Frank Pickles fan, this year I have changed over to Comfort, why?

Same policy, same provider, £100 cheaper, according to FP , Comfort have a better deal with Aviva than FP can get and therefore I have moved..

Johns Cross, a star, shame about the grumpy old git who owns it..

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Having been a big Frank Pickles fan, this year I have changed over to Comfort, why?

Same policy, same provider, £100 cheaper, according to FP , Comfort have a better deal with Aviva than FP can get and therefore I have moved..

Johns Cross, a star, shame about the [HI]grumpy old git[/HI] who owns it..

Pots, Kettles Shifty:winky:::bigsmile:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
We are changing the van and looking to arrange a cover note.

We have always insured via the C&CC.

We live in quite a high risk area and have been paying £600 odd for the past 4 years.

However, the present insurers told us that we must have a GPS tracker fitted and then the new van would cost about £640 with a tracker.

My wife rang Johns Cross about a tracker and the salesman helpfully pointed out that although they could supply one , there was no need and that we were being overcharged for our insurance.

They went further than that and supplied a list of insurers to get a quote from.

How good is that?

The result?

A quote from Comfort of £270:whatthe:

Thank you Johns Cross:thumb:

Not only have you saved us a bundle of cash, but we will probably get a tracker from you as well paid for by your sound advice.

For me, an ancient old duffer with 10 years NCD and 140bhp VW camoperavan Comfort quoted nearly £200 more than safeguaRrd and they wanted me to instal a Thatchan cat 1 alarm.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
For me, an ancient old duffer with 10 years NCD and 140bhp VW camoperavan Comfort quoted nearly £200 more than safeguaRrd and they wanted me to instal a Thatchan cat 1 alarm.

Insurance is a strange beast.

Some insurers seem more risk sensitive to certain factors than others.

The answer I guess is to make lots of calls although I find it tedious going over all the details repeatedly.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Surely you mean Taid.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No matter what you threaten, I will not go on that Jeremy Kyle Show, My "donation" was make with best intentions. 2 pints of lager and a bag on dryroasted was all I asked for, not 40 of grief from the CSA.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Saga for me, reached that age and qouted from all the known sites ,but Saga came out best although limited mileage to 5000 a year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back