Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I just learned that John died recently. He was well known for his Motorhome and Caravan reports on the Satellite Motorhome show amongst other things. He will be much missed for his clear and interesting presentations.
Agreed, very sad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Just couldn't press the 'like' button, one another instance where a 'thanks' button would be better. so thanks Rosalan for posting, had his Haynes manual even before I had a motorhome. None of us getting any younger

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've only just found this out, so sad ... an absolute wealth of knowledge on many things, not just motorhomes, he will be sorely missed. Apparently he died on Saturday in a hospice and had been suffering from cancer.

https://www.facebook.com/Caravanmag/?fref=ts

Caravan magazine is very sad to report the death of our long-time contributor, John Wickersham. JW was the ultimate caravanning guru, writing numerous manuals and guides (11 in total), and contributing to all of the UK's best caravanning publications. In a 'former life' John was a university sports lecturer, which might explain why he was always so impressively (and annoyingly!) fit, looking like a fifty-something when in fact he was 73!
John used caravans and motorhomes to embrace his love of the great outdoors, particularly canoeing and climbing, and wrote with great accuracy and immense credibility about the technical side of our wonderful hobby.
He leaves a wife Carole, four children and 10 grand-children. RIP.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Just couldn't press the 'like' button, one another instance where a 'thanks' button would be better. so thanks Rosalan for posting, had his Haynes manual even before I had a motorhome. None of us getting any younger
below was added by sir Lord mr jim
image.png

:bear::bro::calig::dance::dogthanks::glitter::gracias::mnythnks::merci::Ta2::thanks3::thanks4::thanks5::cartoon::ta:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back