John Le Carre : Agent Running in the Field (1 Viewer)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
The new novel from Le Carre is a spy novel set very much in the present against a background of Brexit , Trump and Russian interference.

Nat an old hand in the spy game returns to the UK expecting to retire but instead ends up running a field office .

Its a novel about spying, office politics and our current state in the UK.

Nats work uncovers a major espionage risk which spills into his personal life.

The ending does feel a bit too neat and tidy but I really enjoyed it overall.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I am always amazed how some authors manage to create a fantastic novel so quickly to fit in with the current world issues.

Gerald Seymour always manages it too.

OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I am always amazed how some authors manage to create a fantastic novel so quickly to fit in with the current world issues.

Gerald Seymour always manages it too.

I was surprised at how fresh and current it felt ! Nat as the main character has a world view from his overseas work . He comes into contact with Ed at his badminton club who is full of vitriol about the current state .

I thought it was a good read, realise I haven’t read much le Carre and now I want to read some more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I was surprised at how fresh and current it felt ! Nat as the main character has a world view from his overseas work . He comes into contact with Ed at his badminton club who is full of vitriol about the current state .

I thought it was a good read, realise I haven’t read much le Carre and now I want to read some more.

Long time since I read one of his, but will now look out for this at the library. Thank you.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Find his early books good, but later ones just formulaic and I can't be bothered. There are plenty of other good writers who make an effort. Ya pays ya money..... (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back