Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all,

Due to the bad weather in the UK we are thinking of travelling to Jersey for our weeks holiday in October.

Do you have any recommendations for sites in Jersey?

All replies appreciated!!

Thanks

Rich

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
States of Jersey have very strict rules about motor caravans..

Better heading to France.. a lot cheaper and you will have freedom to roam and use aires..

Visitors wishing to bring a caravan or motor home with them on holiday to the Island can do so provided:

the caravan / motor home stays on a registered camp site
the relevant permit is sought from the camp site prior to arrival in the Island
a letter of authority is obtained from the Department of the Environment prior to arrival in the Island
Are there any other restrictions?
caravans are restricted to one journey to, and one journey from, the campsite to the port whilst in the Island
caravans must remain on the designated site for the period of the permit
motor homes can be driven on the roads, subject to a permit and provided they return to the designated campsite each night (drivers should be aware that many of Jersey's roads are narrow and may have limited access)
the maximum stay at any Jersey camp site is one month per caravan / motor home
the maximum permissible width of a towed caravan, including the towing vehicle, is 2.3 m (this includes any fitting on or attached to the vehicle, but excludes mirrors and indicators)
Further information:
There are 3 campsites in Jersey that can accommodate caravans, these are Rose Farm, Rozel Camping Park and Beuvelande Campsite. However, visitors should note that Jersey campsites do not currently have 'drive over' drains for blackwater sewage.

OP
OP
C
Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I'm taking time off work to avoid paperwork and it looks like a lot of hassle for just a week away!!

I'll start looking at France as a sensible alternative.

Cheers

Rich

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I'm taking time off work to avoid paperwork and it looks like a lot of hassle for just a week away!!

I'll start looking at France as a sensible alternative.

Cheers

Rich

Good plan.. the north coast of France has much to offer .. tons of good aires, nice towns and a lot more... weather wise it may not be great but better than doing paperwork:roflmto:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Have to agree with Jim Jersey is too expensive and too much hassle stick to France. We keep threatening to go to Jersey but are always put off especially by the cost. Even going on the motorbike and using a B&B is horrendously expensive.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Used to go with my late parents every year to Jersey and loved it! This was in the 60s in my pre-teenage years. Went back a couple of years ago on a fly/hotel stay and really didn't enjoy it! Seems to have sold its soul to the finance industry and just felt crowded and unwelcoming. I knew they had restrictions on camping, but seeing the motorhome rules has made me resolve not to bother going again!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back