Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, can anybody suggest a jelly that has any flavour? Jenny made a trifle today with Hartley's raspberry jam, it was absolutely tasteless, no flavour at all. She did a strawberry jelly a bit back and that was the same.
I can remember when jellies were very tasty, what's happened?
Cheers, Dave:(

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Dave...are you sure it's not you ? As you get older your sense of taste becomes less good. Certain medical conditions or common drugs don' t help either.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
How much jam was put in it? A quick look says that jam has 45g of fruit per 100g, which isn't bad compared to some you can get but even so if it was just a few teaspoons then it would have been so diluted it isn't surprising you couldn't taste anything. If you want it to taste of raspberries I suggest make it yourself, with real raspberries - here is one recipe, there will no doubt be others out there: http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/homemade-raspberry-jellies-recipe-733/

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Dave...are you sure it's not you ? As you get older your sense of taste becomes less good. Certain medical conditions or common drugs don' t help either.
Well, we thought of that, but my wife says she's not as old as me, and she can't taste it either!, seriously, though, there's just no flavour in the jelly. Looks like we (she) might make our own in the future.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back