Free Member
Apr 22, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Good morning campers !
We have just joined motorhome fun after purchasing our first motorhome, a new Bailey 740.
So yes very wet behind the you know what's.
We start our first adventure to France sailing from Dover at the end of may.
Having read some old posts regarding over night stopovers on Marine Parade we wondered if any member has any up to date info re Free over nights in or around the town?
Thanks Jeff & Jean

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Jeff and Jean. We are off to the Thetford bash on 24 May and then down to Dover on 27th for sailing first thing on 28th. We always stop on Marine Parade, along with many other MHs. We sail at 7.30am. Might you be around then? :welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

Ivy

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
:welcomefunster:

Hello and welcome

Mel & Lieve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Hi and welcome. Its good here!

There's two of us here now! Whilst I use the sign on name Motorhomer, I frequently sign myself Jeff O as its my name! I'll try not to cause confusion!

Personally I have never stayed in Dover but frequently stayed in Calais. The easiest way is to get an early evening crossing from Dover, go to the ticket office car park in Calais (its only a couple of minutes off the boat, you have to go back into the port as if you are catching a boat and head for the ticket office) Lots of people stay there overnight. You can then get an early start the next morning quickly onto the French motorways.

Jeff O (!)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :thumb:

We live near Dover and passed Marine Parade on Friday evening, there were several MHs there at 7pm. Never hear of any problems there. We have seen a few MHs park at Tesco Whitfield, but that is right next to the A2 so noisy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back