JBoss (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Anyone know why this happens when I click on an eBay link in a forum post?

upload_2015-12-2_23-4-31.png

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You may have a virus on your pc, try doing a scan on your anti-virus software and see if anything comes up

OP
OP
tonyidle
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You may have a virus on your pc, try doing a scan on your anti-virus software and see if anything comes up
Done that - clean. :)

It only does it in Edge. I have IE11 set as my default browser but if I click a link Edge opens. I can't find any way of stopping it. If I right click the link and select Open in a new tab the link opens OK (but still in Edge).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It's malware - check out Google.
Try running Malwarebytes in Safe Mode.

Some malware resets your browser's homepage - so check that after running a scan.

Also, some malware adds extensions or add-ons to your browser so check those too, for unknown/unrecognised apps.

It's a PITA
Good luck

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Can you share details of the original forum post with eBay link to test?

Interesting that this takes you to a JBoss Application Server (the container which hosts Java/web apps) admin/management portal.

What happens if you try another browser type, such as Chrome or Firefox?

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
It's a profit sharing system, whichever link you pressed is designed to go through REDIRECTAT and then the owner/link poster gets some revenue. The link is broken and you've landed on the wrong page.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's malware - check out Google.
Try running Malwarebytes in Safe Mode.

Some malware resets your browser's homepage - so check that after running a scan.

Also, some malware adds extensions or add-ons to your browser so check those too, for unknown/unrecognised apps.

It's a PITA
Good luck

Jboss isn't malware, it's a development environment.

I have no idea why it's popping up but on it's own there's absolutely nothing sinister about it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's a profit sharing system, whichever link you pressed is designed to go through REDIRECTAT and then the owner/link poster gets some revenue. The link is broken and you've landed on the wrong page.

I think you're spot on.

Every time you ever click an eBay link from another site it goes through Redirectat so that isn't a problem.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have IE11 set as my default browser but if I click a link Edge opens. I can't find any way of stopping it.
Open File Explorer and find a file with a .htm extension (if you cant find one save any web page to your desktop and use that). Right click the file and pick Open With from the menu. Click on Choose Another App and tick the Always use this app to open .htm files box. Choose IE11 as the program you want to use and click OK.

OP
OP
tonyidle
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Open File Explorer and find a file with a .htm extension (if you cant find one save any web page to your desktop and use that). Right click the file and pick Open With from the menu. Click on Choose Another App and tick the Always use this app to open .htm files box. Choose IE11 as the program you want to use and click OK.
Sorry I haven't replied to any of posts here: I will now:xsmile:.
GJH thanks - that fixed it. I'd assumed (silly me) that I could use Control Panel / Default Programs. I had worked out that JBoss wasn't malicious but had/have no idea why it was appearing as it did. Thanks for the suggestions / help.

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back