Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Scammellmanswife. We love all types of music but have never attended any festivals.
But I am pleased to see another funster who appariently [assuming by your avitar ] has a love of old Cars and Trucks and may be into restoration projects. I am just finishing a car and I feel this will be my last one [Getting too old].
Sorry to go off post but could not resist it.
Regards, Pudseykeith and Rosalie :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do any of you funsters attend jazz festivals ?

Only the Brecon one.

Fingers crossed they get it going this year. Camp on Rugby field, a bit pricey but so convenient.

Do you know of any other MH friendly ones ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
jazz

Only the Brecon one.

Fingers crossed they get it going this year. Camp on Rugby field, a bit pricey but so convenient.

Hi yes Upton on severn jazz festiival they also do a blues festival & august bank holiday they do a family friendly music festival with camping at all of them happy travel & happy new year Rod

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I believe it rained heavily at Brecon this year!

No !!

We missed this year because they were so late publishing a pretty uninspiring program.

We'll miss 2013 if they do the same.

Just looked. At least there is website promising a program in Feb.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Hi yes Upton on severn jazz festiival they also do a blues festival & august bank holiday they do a family friendly music festival with camping at all of them happy travel & happy new year Rod
Went to Upton this yr it was pretty wet and I was redirected to farm just up the road and they laid on a mini bus service back to the showground which was free!:thumb: I enjoyed it so much when i got back i booked for the blues festival but unfortunately due to family problems couldnt go in the end.:cry:

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
not gone to any festivals but we have a very active jazz club in Colchester on sunday evenings. all welcome if your in the vacinity. Like your scammel by the way, nearly bought one a few years ago at west bergholt vehicle show but nowhere to keep it, sad to say.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Went to the Brecon one in 2010....excellent. Skipped 2011 for various reasons. Wanted to go to the last day in 2012 but couldn't make it.

Echo Brian's thoughts...rugby pitch site is great for location despite the price and facilities. But it is very busy that weekend and I wouldn't want to be trying to drive off that field after the sort of weather we had in 2012!

Cheltenham jazz festival was good in 2011 but poor line-up for me in 2012 so didn't bother. No sites close by since it's in the middle of the town but there's an easily accessible long stay car park about a 10 minute walk away, so I stayed at the Winchcombe C&CC site about a 15 minute drive away.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
old cars and trucks

Hi Scammellmanswife. We love all types of music but have never attended any festivals.
But I am pleased to see another funster who appariently [assuming by your avitar ] has a love of old Cars and Trucks and may be into restoration projects. I am just finishing a car and I feel this will be my last one [Getting too old].
Sorry to go off post but could not resist it.
Regards, Pudseykeith and Rosalie :Smile:
I am a novice at this so I am not too sure about going off post as you put it but I feel sure these nice people will understand :Smile: if i have done this wrong :Doh: just this once anyway!! Yes we are quite fond of the old cars and trucks and as an ex heavy haulage truck driver (not me) we have had several 'toys' as I call them, which we have taken great pleasure in exhibiting at many steam rallies particularly The Great Dorset Steam Fair. Do you exhibit your cars or just restore them.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Upton jazz

Only the Brecon one.

I have never been to Brecon but I will put it down on my list of ones to try. I must say Upton on Severn is my favorite location so far (not for the weather though :rain: Being located by the river it is lovely and could be a great place to camp unfortunately there had been a lot of rain prior and during the show and the ground was pretty gross but if you go prepared its ok. Always have wellies at the ready!!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I must say Upton on Severn is my favorite location so far (not for the weather though :rain: Being located by the river it is lovely and could be a great place to camp unfortunately there had been a lot of rain prior and during the show and the ground was pretty gross but if you go prepared its ok. Always have wellies at the ready!!

Good thing they don't do a Christmas/January festival....you'd need a snorkel at the moment.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Rather than start a new thread...

Brecon Jazz lineup is online here. Bookings start tomorrow (or today of you have the special code).

Cheltenham Jazz lineup is Link Removed. Public bookings start Monday.

I'm more into modern/contemporary stuff and Brecon looks quite good this year. I see they can't keep good old Acker Bilk away though ::bigsmile:

Can't decide about Cheltenham - a few interest me but they're spread out and I'm not sure about late night parking.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brecon Jazz lineup is online here.

That is looking GOOD.

There was something very special about the one we went to in 2010. The whole town was full of LIFE. It was something we want to do again.

SO ! As soon as we get back next week, I'm on the case.

Acker is there. It just has to be good.

Thanks for the head up.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have never been to Brecon

Well as I just said, it's a compact town and in 2010 it breathed Jazz. It was alive to plain enjoying life. Weather was mixed, the Rugby club rates were expensive, the toilets leaked but it did not matter, we just totally enjoyed ourselves, helped by some FUNsters.

I hope Taran Las has spotted this, his van is great for getting pissed as a newt in. With his generous help !!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
There was something very special about the one we went to in 2010. The whole town was full of LIFE.

I think the [STRIKE]beer and fringe festivals[/STRIKE] beer festival might have been responsible for some of that. I don't think a lot of those using the RFC campsite in 2010 went to any of the paid concerts...any jazz music they heard was in the bars whilst heavily under the influence :RollEyes:

Swings and roundabouts.....good atmosphere during the day....don't think I'll go looking for a cash machine at 9pm again, like I did the first evening :Eeek: No problems on the campsite though.

Not sure if the festivals collide again this year.

Link Removed bookings not available until May. Prices look the same as 2010.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
september jazz

Abersoch jazz has got new dates for this year Broken Link Removed :Smile: Can anyone recommend a good site close by please :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back