Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Jayco FeatherlightTrailer
Exp
since 2009
Hi I have a 2008 Jayco Featherlight caravan and cant seem to figure out how to get at the bulb/bulbs in the overhead lamps fitted to the slide out compartment. The lamps are of the domed frosted glass type held in place by a chrome bezel which also holds the small push button on/off switch. There is no obvious fixing screws and i have tried rotating the bezel in both directions and the whole unit moves through a few degrees, can any body give advice please.

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi. We have a Jayco fifth wheel and have the same lamps as you describe in the slide out.

From memory I'm sure we've removed the shade (which would then allow you to get at the bulb) by unscrewing the metal bit under the shade.

Will check it for sure next time we go but that won't be for a couple of weeks.

Gill

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know the exact lamp you mean but if it is similar to this one then it may well be that the frosted dome is held by clips (is it really glass or plastic?). If it is then a slim blade slipped between the dome and bezel can be used to assist in releasing the clips.
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
If it's the same as ours it's probably this one Graham.

Just checked with Al and he definitely undid it by unscrewing the bit underneath.

Gill

Sorry, not a very clear image.

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you unscrew the finial

If it's the same as ours it's probably this one Graham.

Just checked with Al and he definitely undid it by unscrewing the bit underneath.

Gill

Sorry, not a very clear image.

You unscrew the brass or metal finial at the bottom of the glass .. may need piles.. use a cloth so not to mark the finial .... once that is removed then you can normally remove the glass shade and get to the bulbs.

Bob

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fallingblock

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Jayco FeatherlightTrailer
Exp
since 2009
Thanks to Gill and Bobl, the lamp is very similar to the one pictured by Graham (GJH) so I will have a look and see if Grahams instructions do the job.

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You unscrew the brass or metal finial at the bottom of the glass .. [HI]may need piles[/HI].. use a cloth so not to mark the finial .... once that is removed then you can normally remove the glass shade and get to the bulbs.

Bob

You really should turn off your predictive text Bob, otherwise they may find your advice a pain in the a?se :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back