January Skiing in Val Thorens (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
They're Here!

VT is now Funstered out with the arrival of Champers, Ash and Pete+Sal!
Ricky (1948) has been a fantastic skiing buddy the last 2 days despite sunning it up down the valley at Les M!
The weather is great, the snow fantastic and all is good so far!

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
sounds like you are all having fun. enjoy enjoy off to Meribel this weekend so save some white stuff

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have arrived safe & sound with champers , fresh snow is falling as I post , looking forward to getting on the slopes tomorrow :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We have arrived safe & sound with champers , fresh snow is falling as I post , looking forward to getting on the slopes tomorrow :Smile:

Hows the body skirt working Ash?

Looks short? is it because you only have the short window blinds? in the stock pic it goes right to the floor?

Me and Mark (Driving) have just brought a different one.

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hows the body skirt working Ash?

Looks short? is it because you only have the short window blinds? in the stock pic it goes right to the floor?

Me and Mark (Driving) have just brought a different one.

We have long window blinds , were up on chocks although the doors don't seem to fit properly were going to take some pics and email them over when we get back , they are working a treat tho :Smile::thumb:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Boo Hoo!

Home now!:cry:

Sorry we couldn't say goodbye to most of you, time was pressing and you were all out in the sun enjoying yourselves!

The skiing was great, thanks to those Funsters who dared to follow us to the slopes! A big thanks to Champers and all too for their seasonal hot drinks selection!
Missing you and the snow already, the only good bit about being back is giving the kids back to their Mum!

If you are still on the slopes, YOU LUCKY, LUCKY B***ARDS!:roflmto:

Hopefully see some of you at Newark!:thumb:

Cheers!

-Jon and Shell

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Boo Hoo!

Home now!:cry:

Sorry we couldn't say goodbye to most of you, time was pressing and you were all out in the sun enjoying yourselves!

The skiing was great, thanks to those Funsters who dared to follow us to the slopes! A big thanks to Champers and all too for their seasonal hot drinks selection!
Missing you and the snow already, the only good bit about being back is giving the kids back to their Mum!

If you are still on the slopes, YOU LUCKY, LUCKY B***ARDS!:roflmto:

Hopefully see some of you at Newark!:thumb:

Cheers!

-Jon and Shell

HA HA HA HA HA HA,,,,, Jon's come home Jon's come home.....

Now, you have to endure the pain of watching me update every day that Im closer to going....:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Glad you had a good time, sounds like it was rather windy overnight. :Eeek:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
HA HA HA HA HA HA,,,,, Jon's come home Jon's come home.....

Now, you have to endure the pain of watching me update every day that Im closer to going....:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Glad you had a good time, sounds like it was rather windy overnight. :Eeek:

Ha ha!

We can tell that psychology is your profession!

You evil, evil man! The mental torture is too much to bear!:roflmto:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just watching ski sunday
I skied Wengen about 20 years back not quite as fast as these lads though:whatthe:
Bring on February getting excited now.::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Just watching ski sunday
I skied Wengen about 20 years back not quite as fast as these lads though:whatthe:
Bring on February getting excited now.::bigsmile:

Just been watching meself Rory, 100 MPH a first on that course!!!!! George reckons he can go quicker :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maybe off the mountain vertically !!!!!!

I can't wait either. :cry:

Got 10 more working shifts, Should of took me skis with me this weekend mind. :ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We're on the 8am eurotunnel on the 11th may spend a day or two in Brugges first or head straight down to La Plagne before LM. Make up our mind when we get off the train, never plan much. Pick up the skis at Gloucester from Attwools on the way to Folkestone on the 10th.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Me and Lucy have been and booked our skiing lessons for next week at the chill factor.:whatthe: Guaranteed to be on the black run:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,well that is what they said.Really excited now , i want to go tomorrow:roflmto:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Daryl it is about time you stood up to your BOSS and let them know who you are:RollEyes: DONT TELL CLARE:roflmto: Oh by the way have you seen this:Cool: this is what me ,haggers ,rory and driving will look like skiing:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Me and Lucy have been and booked our skiing lessons for next week at the chill factor.:whatthe: Guaranteed to be on the black run:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,well that is what they said.Really excited now , i want to go tomorrow:roflmto:

Black runs eh!!!! you'll be able to ski with Jan then :Eeek: don't worry she'll look after you I promise. You can trust me I'm a doctor:ROFLMAO:

She's not known as Black Run Annie for nothing

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah Feb. Sorry mate just bad grammar (may spend a day or two in Brugges)::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Link Removed

There you go Rory, a few changes since your last visit no doubt.

Do you think we should head to Les M then as opposed to Montgenve? Weather looks good all over, I think the lose plan will be that we head for Les M (unless you think Montgenve would be better, aire with 200 places, but do you think it would be ok for beginer's that are with us and keep me and the Nut job skiers happy for a week).

If we can't all get on at Les M then Im sure we can ring/blag our way in to VT, there's plenty of parking up there and another aire lower down, but LM would be preferable and much cheaper with some possibility of even blagging some electric.

Ski's being waxed & Edged tomorrow, Ian, when you having your ski lesson? could do with a good laugh, I might pop up. I have got some voucher codes for 4 days lesson for £89 at the Chill Factor..... Nikki keeps asking if Shirley is coming? she hopes so as she wants some daytime company, might be some off piste work by them two.

So just because this is on Jon's thread, and I have had to sit there crying for the last few months, :cry::cry::cry:

Jon, mate, we're hijacking your thread :winky::winky: Don't worry, only another 365 days till you go again......... this is now the

:Cool::Cool:
FEBRUARY SKIING THREAD​
:Cool::Cool:

HAGANAP
DRIVING
EDGY
FORESTBOY
RED DRAGON (Poss)
JON AND SHELL (2014) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Montgenvre will be fine for learners but you and the boys will be bored sick after a week as would Jan and I. You can ski to Italy in theory but in reality its a hell of a long way and not very exciting skiing. Not a patch on VT, LM or La Plagne, its a place to visit for a few days on a alpine tour rather than spend a whole week.
Just my opinion though

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Montgenvre will be fine for learners but you and the boys will be bored sick after a week as would Jan and I. You can ski to Italy in theory but in reality its a hell of a long way and not very exciting skiing. Not a patch on VT, LM or La Plagne, its a place to visit for a few days on a alpine tour rather than spend a whole week.
Just my opinion though

Yeah, ive heard that a few times from different people, will wait for a tour I think....

In the mean time....

BRING ON LES MEN,,,,

Do you think I could marry Jan before we go?
I need a discount on a 7 day family pass. :ROFLMAO:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi Paul yes Shirls is going dont be daft do you think i would really get away without taking the boss. I know i might think it but thats good enough for her. We are going on Tuesday and Wednesday 29th and 30th for 4 hour lessons starting at 6 till 10. I could do with Knowing where we might end up i was thinking of ordering ski,s to collect at the resort. Would be nice to see red dragon there too:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Paul yes Shirls is going dont be daft do you think i would really get away without taking the boss. I know i might think it but thats good enough for her. We are going on Tuesday and Wednesday 29th and 30th for 4 hour lessons starting at 6 till 10. I could do with Knowing where we might end up i was thinking of ordering ski,s to collect at the resort. Would be nice to see red dragon there too:thumb:

Hell your fit, I managed 2 hours of a 3 hour course at Milton Keynes, after that I was cream crackered.

Ian

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

Ok ok, I get the picture.

Les M it is. Then worse case scenario is you can pick skis up in resort and still end up at VT, also though you can hire down in Albertville.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
OH $h1T this is one hell of a learning curve, any more advice would be welcome thanks Olley

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ian, Don't worry mate, you will manage 4 hours no worries, You will spend two of them sat on your arse :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Oh well thats another load of cash well spent:Doh: Shirls says its nice to know you have confidence in me:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Oh well thats another load of cash well spent:Doh: Shirls says its nice to know you have confidence in me:ROFLMAO:

Don't worry mate, there's always Alcohol :Smile:

Im sure your daughter will pick it up fine, :winky:
My boys will give her lesson's, first time they would of seen a real girl, they go to all boys school "you know". Can't think they are up for teaching middle aged men though?

I wonder why :RollEyes:

If all else fails we will try Rory's trick....

Take you to the top of the mountain, and say "you can walk down or you can ski down or you can stay there all day!"
:thumb:
I understand this worked well for Jan :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back