Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Hi all

I was at Peterborough Show and saw an Qpod. Has anyone got one as I'm thinking of buying one to tow behind my Swift Bolero Motorhome. I would appreciate any information anyone may be able to give me

Cheers!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jack I didn't see it at Peterboro' because I didn't stray too far from the Fun stand, however I have looked at them before and they do look great fun.

Which is very apt because now you are a Funster - Welcome:thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi all

I was at Peterborough Show and saw an Qpod. Has anyone got one as I'm thinking of buying one to tow behind my Swift Bolero Motorhome. I would appreciate any information anyone may be able to give me

Cheers!

I actually got as far as test driving one and for the first few minutes it was an absolute hoot. However reality soon dawned. It was cramped, slow, noisy, uncomfortable and downright scary when we went into traffic. You'd need to be incredibly adventurous to drive one any distance. If you look at it as an alternative to a scooter, it'd be ok....just.
We tow a Fiat Seicento Sporting which is a much more useful vehicle but I guess it's all down to individual choice.

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
J

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Doug

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. My dilema is that I've got a Fait Panda and I can't decide if I should purchase a trailer to transport it or but the Qpod. Howvere, you have given me much food for thought.

Thanks
:thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. My dilema is that I've got a Fait Panda and I can't decide if I should purchase a trailer to transport it or but the Qpod. Howvere, you have given me much food for thought.

Thanks
:thumb:

I'd put an A-Frame on the Fiat, it's just so much more versatile, cheaper, easier to store and more manoeverable. John (Roadrunner) has a jockey wheel on his which makes it even more user-friendly, He can hitch up completely unaided.
Our Seicento is on a Chris Cox A-Frame and it's great. When we first started exhibiting at shows we even used it as a trailer! My son bought a car from oop norf, drove up in the Fiat and then towed it home! Cost him a tenner in petrol instead of the 70 odd quid for a train ticket.
You may have guessed I'm a bit of a fan of a-frames:ROFLMAO: but there are downsides. I'm only covered 3rd party when towing and I've noticed a bit of wear on the inside edges of the tyres. Oh yes, the car is FILTHY after towing in wet conditions!

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ron taylor

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
about 5
QPod owner

Hi all

Cheers!
I have just joined the site so that is why the reply has taken neartly two years. I have a QPod and tow it behind MH owned it for about 18 months love it. There is a web site for owners just google QPod owners. Any questions please ask
Ron

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
I have just joined the site so that is why the reply has taken neartly two years. I have a QPod and tow it behind MH owned it for about 18 months love it. There is a web site for owners just google QPod owners. Any questions please ask
Ron

Hi Ron, welcome. they do look realy good fun, i wonder if you could get a fireblade engine into one :Eeek:

john

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to have one of the original Funtecks made by Secma, it was the first qpod to come into the UK, it was the 350cc and went like the preverbial sh** of a chrome shovel.
Loved driving it till it tipped me out on the pavment going round a corner a little to fast in France.
The main problem I found was the handlebar steering was to responsive.
I thought it was grossley overpriced for what it was,but must admit it was great fun,even if a bit cramped with two people in.
Was realy happy when someone offered to buy it at Lincoln show.
I think a quad would have been a better buy looking back on the experiance.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Since the QPOD has brakes on the wheels that touch the ground when it is being towed (the front is raised by the 'tow rod' that you can buy for them) they must work when going forward ergo, like most things towed that are not trailers or do not have 'Brake Buddy' they must be illegal.:Angry:

ron taylor

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
about 5
Hi Ron, welcome. they do look realy good fun, i wonder if you could get a fireblade engine into one :Eeek:

john
Not sure John
However look up Qpod club there is a guy called Alex who is very active in the forum, he is a biker and may be able to advise you. There is also quite an extensive range of vehicles from Secma who make the Qpod see Cunninghams.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back