Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
I am just about to get the wallet out to buy the above van - 2018 model.

Anyone have one and can give their thoughts/experiences owning one?

Many thanks

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016

Many thanks

We don't own one but some would suggest that the payload at just 380kg is a little low @ 3.5t G.V.W.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Does the Ixeo come with any extras eg spare wheel, auto etc? If so the weight of these will need to be deducted from the 380kg payload. When I was researching mohos of this size I found by the time I had added on some pretty standard extras there was very little payload left. Even upgraded to 4200kg I sometimes get very close to overloading the rear axle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Some comments on the 680g here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/burstner680g.173275/#post-2793745
We have had the 680g for almost 12 months
Great garage = can store 2 electric bikes, Tables, chairs, ramps, cables, hose, tools, etc, everything stowed away.
Good interior storage - plenty of spaces for clothes, belongings, etc, a tall wardrobe for longer clothes - with storage place for a few boxes of wine at bottom!
Bathroom - huge amount of space for again clothes, space for getting dressed etc large shower
Kitchen - we did not want an oven so we kept 3 big drawers. lots of storage for Kitchen items, food, etc. again
Lounge = as the bed is longitudinal you still keep the wall lockers so good storage again, comfortable seating for the evening large table, good lighting.
Bed - 2m x 1.4m and comfortable - easy to get in & out

But - if the bed is down there is nowhere to sit - So far thats not been an issue and hopefully when in Europe the weather will allow sitting outside if one person wants to be up and about

Ref the weight - we are rated at 3850kg and the trip to weighbridge yesterday without anyone on board was 3460kg.
That includes, 2 electric bikes inc batteries, 2 gaslow, 2 batteries, 2 chairs, 2 tables, Cadac, 3 cables, water hose, toolbox, Silver screen, undermounted spare tire, all cookware, crockery, bedding, 25l of water, full diesel, full gas. But no food, clothes, towels, etc.
Think beer and wine are the biggest challenge to keeping weight down !!

Any other questions then just let me know

OP
OP
S

Sausage44

Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
Thanks for all that, we have been thinking about the bed and sitting.
One other question, this new one is 130bhp, I'm wondering if that is enough?

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
We have the 150bhp and it doesn't seem to struggle except on the bigger hills in France. Porlock hill was fun!

Last edited:

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years
Thanks for all that, we have been thinking about the bed and sitting.
One other question, this new one is 130bhp, I'm wondering if that is enough?

I have the very similar Chausson 610. The solution to sitting up in bed, is we use the longest of the seat back cushions and this goes behind us against the wall (transverse bed), it stays there all night and also acts as a headboard, so we don’t lose the pillows at night. Don’t know if that is feasible in the ixeo.

OP
OP
S

Sausage44

Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
Thanks for all your comments, have looked the other thread and it seems barring a few quibbles (we do like our tea in the morning in bed) it is the van for us. We have a Kon-tiki at the moment which is ok but large.
We have spent ages at shows and the NEC to find another van (this will be our third) and the 680 ticks the boxes. The 590 was smaller but no storage for our rubbish, and in that you had a ladder for the drop down bed because it didn't come down all the way.

OP
OP
S

Sausage44

Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
Oh, another one, I noticed in the specs of only filling the water to 20ltrs in driving mode. I presume it is not advisable to run fully filled.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
when we weighed the Van yesterday that was with about 25l/25kg of water. So if we are bringing back a few bottles of wine back from France we definitely will not have any water on board. Also we do not have an oven - so maybe that saves a couple of KG, but we do have a slow cooker and Induction hob packed!

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp

Many thanks

If your are considering the Ixeo and no reason you shouldn't as they are a cracking motorhome, I would seriously consider the one being sold by @pandj. ;)

It's already on the heavy chassis giving you stacks of payload, it has the desirable 3ltr engine giving you 180 bhp and has every conceivable extra already fitted, saving you thousands.(y)

OP
OP
S

Sausage44

Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
Sorry but I'm not too worried about all the extras - the price is more or less the same with the new one and we prefer the decor of the new one.
Good luck with the sale though.

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We are currently in our 3rd week of touring France in our IT680, which looks the same as TL680.

Lovely van, very practical as you don't need a ladder to get in and out of bed or clamber over partner (unless you want to of course)
We have the oven, plenty of storage, OH has added shelves to locker beside fridge which gives loads of larder storage, and shelves in the lhs of the washroom locker (we don't take clothes that need hanging). We find that the screens on the rooflight over the bed keep warping, our van is not quite 12 months old and they need replacing again.
Garage large enough for 2 hybrid bikes plus other camping crap that accumulates.

OH knows Bicester quite well, he used to be stationed at RAF base in early 70s, we visited last year for Wings and Wheels event, he was pleased to see that a lot of the old buildi gs have been retained.

OP
OP
S

Sausage44

Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
Thanks Sue.
They are still restoring the buildings at Bicester Heritage and are used in movies quite regularly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back