Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
marchie nice looking MH:

<Broken link removed>

Just a quick question - do you both go to bed at the same time? If not then where will the other sit once the bed is deployed?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
marchie nice looking MH:

<Broken link removed>

Just a quick question - do you both go to bed at the same time? If not then where will the other sit once the bed is deployed?
Only when there's a glint in my eye ... (y). We invariably go to bed at the same time, but we often then start chatting, or doing something, so if Elaine wants to carry on reading or knitting etc, I'll remark casually, 'We said it was time for bed 25 minutes ago ...', because I'm renowned for my sublety ...:rolleyes:

Steve

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
The Dealer is quite confident that the purchase of the Burstner will proceed; it's marked as 'Sold' on the website! The 'subject to' conditions are being killed off at a steady pace, so that's fair enough, I suppose, we really await just the Independent Engineer's Pre-Purchase Inspection Report [visit 1 week today], and the payload data, before the engine service & habitation check + solar panel fitting are undertaken, and we become impoverished Burstner Owners!

Steve & Elaine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Assuming the MH gas locker is the same as this one there won't be any problem fitting the smaller refillable filler in the same place I did on ours Carthago which is in the skirt below the locker itself by taking the pipe down through the drop-vents in the gas locker.

1617009947111.png

This is where I put mine:

gas filler 1 - r.jpg

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Assuming the MH gas locker is the same as this one there won't be any problem fitting the smaller refillable filler in the same place I did on ours Carthago which is in the skirt below the locker itself by taking the pipe down through the drop-vents in the gas locker.

View attachment 478459

This is where I put mine:

View attachment 478461
That's a very neat job! The first photo is the M/H model/style we're poised to buy [champing at the bit...], so might be possible to get the Dealer to to the fitting. The idea of taking a drill to the new acquisition is one that may relieve my constipation, but is unlikely to lead to any other positive outcomes, including the vexed issue of making gas connections ...

Steve & Elaine

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's a very neat job! The first photo is the M/H model/style we're poised to buy [champing at the bit...], so might be possible to get the Dealer to to the fitting. The idea of taking a drill to the new acquisition is one that may relieve my constipation, but is unlikely to lead to any other positive outcomes, including the vexed issue of making gas connections ...

Steve & Elaine
Personally I'd rather do the job myself as that way I get it exactly where I want it and know it's done correctly. The difficult bit (not really) is identifying the best place for the filler on our Carthago it's in the only spot it would realistically go (strength of skirt) due to the wheel arch and the marker light so I had to be extremely precise, but you won't have that problem. The gas connections are no more difficult that putting in a non-refillable bottle.

If we do end up coming to Scotland and near you I'd be more than willing to sort it for you - you'd need to supply the tools though! :giggle:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Personally I'd rather do the job myself as that way I get it exactly where I want it and know it's done correctly. The difficult bit (not really) is identifying the best place for the filler on our Carthago it's in the only spot it would realistically go (strength of skirt) due to the wheel arch and the marker light so I had to be extremely precise, but you won't have that problem. The gas connections are no more difficult that putting in a non-refillable bottle.

If we do end up coming to Scotland and near you I'd be more than willing to sort it for you - you'd need to supply the tools though! :giggle:
That REALLY is an offer I can't refuse! You tell me what tools you need, and I'll make sure that they are there, and laid out in the right order! We'll even make you a cuppa [after the gas is hitched up ...]

Ambition is to just take the m/home to a local place, let some sunshine warmed fresh air in, sit at the table with a stupid grin onmy face, lean over to Elaine and say, 'Well, kidda, we did it ...' (y) :LOL:

Steve & Elaine

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We have now committed ourselves to the purchase of the 2016 Burstner Ixeo Time 590 Sovereign and have a provisional Delivery Date of 21st April. The wait to have an Independent Engineer's Report undertaken has caused us to slip down the queue, but peace of mind is more important!

Just in case anyone else is as paranoid as I am [Steve, NOT Elaine who is remarkably relaxed ...] about payload etc, the Dealer put the M/Home on their newly delivered Weighing Scales today, and the vehicle, with Bike Rack, Awning, Camera, Leisure Battery and 'about 1/4 tank Diesel', weighed in at 2826kg [Water & Waste Tanks empty]. Diesel weighs 0.8508kg per litre, so that gives a further 19kg to take off the Dry Vehicle Weight, to give a net weight of 2807kg.

So that gives 693kg Payload from which I can deduct the weight of a full Diesel Tank [77kg], a full Water Tank [110kg] and the actual weights of Elaine & me [each about 16kg heavier because of COVID lockdown!], 12kg for the new Solar Panel [180w], and then Gas Bottles, Crockery, Food, Clothes etc. We'll get the m/home weighed at a local weighbridge when we are fully loaded, inc bikes, but our robust calculations suggest that we should have about 133kg spare Payload from the 693kg starting figure when us 2 Teletubbies are aboard and all tanks and Gas Bottles are full.

We'll update the Thread after the weighbridge visit to get more accurate figures.

Steve & Elaine

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
Glad to hear it's all come to a happy conclusion for you.
You have done your homework as best you can under the circumstances.
Good luck and enjoy (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We have now committed ourselves to the purchase of the 2016 Burstner Ixeo Time 590 Sovereign and have a provisional Delivery Date of 21st April. The wait to have an Independent Engineer's Report undertaken has caused us to slip down the queue, but peace of mind is more important!

Just in case anyone else is as paranoid as I am [Steve, NOT Elaine who is remarkably relaxed ...] about payload etc, the Dealer put the M/Home on their newly delivered Weighing Scales today, and the vehicle, with Bike Rack, Awning, Camera, Leisure Battery and 'about 1/4 tank Diesel', weighed in at 2826kg [Water & Waste Tanks empty]. Diesel weighs 0.8508kg per litre, so that gives a further 19kg to take off the Dry Vehicle Weight, to give a net weight of 2807kg.

So that gives 693kg Payload from which I can deduct the weight of a full Diesel Tank [77kg], a full Water Tank [110kg] and the actual weights of Elaine & me [each about 16kg heavier because of COVID lockdown!], 12kg for the new Solar Panel [180w], and then Gas Bottles, Crockery, Food, Clothes etc. We'll get the m/home weighed at a local weighbridge when we are fully loaded, inc bikes, but our robust calculations suggest that we should have about 133kg spare Payload from the 693kg starting figure when us 2 Teletubbies are aboard and all tanks and Gas Bottles are full.

We'll update the Thread after the weighbridge visit to get more accurate figures.

Steve & Elaine
Whey-hey ... well done! :giggle:

Did they by any chance tell you each axle weight?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner

Thanks, Minxy.

Didn't get the axle weights, but I can distribute the load, supported by the predefined Gas Lockers and Tank areas [where the bulk of the payload will be used] to ensure that I don't overload either axle. I'll be able to weigh each axle's load on the public weighbridge and update my own 'Idiot's Guide' notes when we get the m/home! I've allowed for full water and diesel tanks, even though we'll be at no more than 20 litres of water for most of the time we're traveling.

The main purpose for establishing the m/home MIRO + payload prior to purchasing was to ensure that I didn't have the anxiety of the Funster purchasing the 6 berth Rapido and wrestling with a payload of some 400kg IIRC, with everybody screaming that that is simply not enough. If it works for us under the maximum load we intend to carry and still leave us with a sensible margin, we should avoid stress on the m/home structure and stress on the Driver's diminishing mental capacity.

I dread the prospect of waking up in a sweat, after committing to the purchase, by uttering the time honoured phrase, 'Oh, effluent, you know what we failed to allow for ...'

Steve & Elaine

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
We have a 9.0m Elegance and whilst we love our van I am amazed at how roomy the 590 is. It is like a little tardiz. When we have visited friends in their van they have as much room to entertain as we do. great van. Join the UK owners club and come on rallies and make new friends all with Burstners

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We have a 9.0m Elegance and whilst we love our van I am amazed at how roomy the 590 is. It is like a little tardiz. When we have visited friends in their van they have as much room to entertain as we do. great van. Join the UK owners club and come on rallies and make new friends all with Burstners
Who could refuse an offer like that! Thanks very much for the invitation/encouragement. First goal is to get the m/home delivery date confirmed and delivered to Scotland. Second goal will be to take a 500m drive to the Leisure Centre Car Park to sit looking over the Firth of Forth before working out the setup, so that we don't provide the site cabaret on our first 'proper' trip :rolleyes:

Steve & Elaine

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Delivery date agreed for 21st April, and Insurance Cover pending. Motorhome engine service + timing belt and water pump underway today incl. new MOT. Then the Solar Panel to be fitted and the minor defects the Independent Engineer spotted to be rectified and the liability becomes ours! (y)

We'll be able to have a little play with the new acquisition [incl overnight stay?😂] before the 'season' begins on 26th April!

Steve & Elaine

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
New MOT has just appeared on the DVLA website. Another item ticked off the 'To Do' List. Just 7 days to the Delivery, and counting! (y) Can almost taste it now ...

Steve & Elaine

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
We’re June and it’s so far away !! Chuffed your wait is nearly over 😃

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
M/Home taxed, completion paperwork finalised and the vehicle is on a low loader en route from Essex to a wet and windy Fife! Arrival anticipated mid morning tomorrow, so '1 more sleep' to go! It's like Xmas Eve; probably wake up at 02:30. nudge Elaine and enquire, 'Has he been yet?'. And then she'll kill me, but gently ...

If I was ever going to grow up, it would have happened by now, so why bother pretending? ;) (y):ROFLMAO:

Steve & Elaine

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner

Update [now that we've got the Van and all the paperwork!]: Front Axle weight empty [except for 1/4 tank diesel, approx 19kg] = 1285kg v. 1850kg max load; Rear Axle 1541kg v. 2000kg max load.
Day trip yesterday with full load of crockery & pots & pans added 26.9.kg of payload weight, so broadly in line with initial estimates!

Steve & Elaine

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Are you gonna show us some photos of your new baby then? :giggle:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Are you gonna show us some photos of your new baby then? :giggle:
Hi Mel,

Your wish is my command! Last 2 photos are from Silver Sands at Aberdour yesterday.

New Fridge Control Panel just arrived so need to get appointment with local Fitter!

Steve & Elaine

Attachments

• IMG_20210421_093315.jpg
    IMG_20210421_093315.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210421_111623.jpg
    IMG_20210421_111623.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210423_120532.jpg
    IMG_20210423_120532.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210423_143526.jpg
    IMG_20210423_143526.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Fridge Control Panel fitted at lunchtime, and no more Alarms or hissy fits or losing audio settings after killing12v supply etc. Woohoo!

Next problem is that the Pioneer SatNav refuses to start! Pressed the system reset button and then wait at least 10 seconds as the Manual advises, but it responds to the 'Mode' selection by asking for SD Card insertion. Tried inserting the Card in both Locked and Unlocked mode, either one brings up a brief 'Loading System software' message for 3 seconds or so, but we don't get the opening set up screen to start the SatNav. If we press the Mode button again 'Please insert SD Card' appears.

If anyone has solved the problem, we'd loved to hear how you did it! I'll probably ring the Dealer again!

Steve & Elaine

Nov 1, 2021
Lanarkshire, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO Time
Exp
Complete newbie
Hi I have recently bought a IXEO time 590 but haven't had a chance to use it yet - first time motorhome. Been busy reading manuals etc.
I was thinking of fitting an external BBQ point but the gas cylinder is on the opposite side to the main door. Has anyone fitted a BBQ point and where did you place it if you have done. Can it be DIY or should it be fitted professionally. Research says it should be fairly simple but don't think it will be on my IXEO.
Any thoughts? Many thanks.

May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2016 - very much newbies
Hi,
Our BBQ point is on the main door side - looking at the habitation door it is to the left, between the lower fridge vent and the rear locker door.
It was part of the build when we ordered the van from new so was either factory or dealer fitted. I couldn't comment on the ease or otherwise of a DIY installation. Personally I don't have the skills or confidence for such work so would get a professional quote.

Nov 1, 2021
Lanarkshire, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO Time
Exp
Complete newbie
Our BBQ point is on the main door side
Hi Peter and Sue, many thanks for your reply. I suspected that that would be the possible position. Must take the feed from the fridge supply but cant see how they get into it. You're right - looks like a professional job. Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back