May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
Hi All

Picked up the new Ixeo 680G last Thursday - whoo hoo! But what do you do regarding the storage of plates, cups in the kitchen area as it doesn't come with any racks. Been looking at racks online but difficult to imagine where they'll be best used etc.

Thanks
Peter

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
404DB689-5FEF-4726-94E2-851606D54BEE.jpeg This is how we are set up

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We just stack plates and bowls on top of each other. Glasses and cup stand up quite happily. I only have the non slip sheets on the bottom - no racks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
I have a plate rack in the left hand cupboard as it has no shelf and the plates stand upright. Bowls stack alongside. Mugs and small tumblers in lower half of right hand cupboard, with other utensils above.

Narrow cupboard has kitchen knife rack, trays, foil and clingfilm, tall tumblers ( with Ikea plastic clip together dividers to keep them safe) and tea caddy while travelling.

We have also shelved out the locker opposite and this stores all my larder groceries.

We found the sliding doors in the washroom kept opening when other half two wheeled round bends so he has drilled a small hole in the left hand door, a bolt goes through that into a block attached to the middle divider, this also stops the right hand door sliding open. This locker has also had shelves added as we prefer shelf storage to hanging space.

I can take some pictures if my descriptions are a bit confusing.

Enjoy your new van, it is a great layout and feels very spacious. We carried 2 cycles in the garage as well as all the other camping crap you accumulate, we opted to up plate to 3860 to give us extra payload.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi Devon Sue
That’s my next job, some extra shelves in the rear wardrobe instead of the hanging rail. Curios how you did it? I am thinking of using 9mm ply to keep weight down. But if you can share your experience?

OP
OP
S

Sausage44

Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
Thanks for your replies regarding the kitchen area, got some great ideas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back