Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
This is a bit of a tease . No I tell a lie it is bloody frustrating. as I have only just got a new high pressure pump due to the limp mode on overrun . (Done 2k since then without trouble)
I have a 2003 2.8l which is now going into limp mode . Drop the revs below 1200 and off we go . Or it stops completely . Turn the key and it normally starts straight up though to be awkward some times it take a couple of on offs to charge the fuel system.
There is no problem on overrun
On light load and half throttle ( Motorway work no issue)
Half to 3/4 throttle normally no issue .
If I go full throttle then after a few seconds ( Normally ) the engine drops into limp mode .
First this isn't the low pressure pump as we have twin tanks with 2 independent pumps filters etc and the fault happens on both tanks

As far as I can see this isn't revs related .
Applying the throttle gingerly or hard makes no noticeable different to the fault .
Any suggestions?

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Have you done a leak off test on injectors, sounds like injector problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
seabreezesports

seabreezesports

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
Tried reading all on the iveco forum . Nothing fits but thanks for the thought .
Will look up how to do a leak off test Not sure it is one injector as when it is running the engine is smooth Thanks

OP
OP
seabreezesports

seabreezesports

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
It's been a little while but £500 later the camper is running Wizza was spot on . 1 injector down . the code that came up was 1632 though this seems to be a catch all for an error on the HP rail.
Hope this helps some one else

OP
OP
seabreezesports

seabreezesports

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
500 miles late and back in garage . With in 10 miles it would go into safe mode when pulling at low revs 1200 to 1500 . Easy to drive round but annoying. Then back to square one . Full throttle brought on safe mode. £570 later and a new high pressure pump and all seams well. This the 3rd pump in 15k and yes the tanks have all been cleaned new filter fitted . So far I am £1500 down for 17k driving Bloody expensive these Iveco's

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I had a similar problem which turned out to be a faulty injector harness

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
As it only happens on full throttle I'd go for the throttle pedal position sensor, known to give faults occasionally and easily swapped to prove or disprove plus lots cheaper than a new HP pump.

D.

OP
OP
seabreezesports

seabreezesports

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
Just done 1k over the week and all is well . Starts better than ever . The high pressure pump has a metering and a low pressure sensor. Not convinced that one of these was not playing up . Will strip the pump this week and inspect.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back