OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Don't forget Jim[HI] that fixed belted seats need to convert to beds [/HI]:winky:::bigsmile: I was actualy thinking along the lines of the VW rock and roll type beds for the next one --- thought about getting one to use as a template and making 3 singles type thing,my mate would do the welding for me - but at around 400 quid for one I have not got past the thinking bit yet ::bigsmile: I may well go out of my way and actually have a look at one to see if I could make something out of wood and just get mate to frame up around one :Smile:
I have had about 4 yrs to think about the next so all the thoughts you are thinking now I have probably had ::bigsmile: If you go for the Iveco I have a nice 34,000 mile 2.8 turbo engine/g,box as a spare :thumb: this is the pre 2003-2.3 electronic controled engines that I know you have a dislike for :ROFLMAO::Smile: If I had got it a couple of weeks before i was very tempted with a 2007 van with a knackered engine,VGC, for 1200 quid,but when I got the engine the van had gone :Doh::cry:
terry

yes indeed.. I haven't made a proper plan yet.. just mulling over..

but I had thought on four belted seats facing each other behind drivers seat, with a table., this could convert into a single or a small double.

having no sliding door is a plus, as it gives gives more wall space, put kitchen there.

Behind kitchen, wardrobe, opposite the wardrobe, bathroom.. and at the rear two benches.. leaving space for exit

also thought of an overcab single bed like a stretcher, just two poles with canvas.. just for occasional use, as when on site Chaz would have a tent..

as I said I haven't drawn this up or measured to see how it all fits .. just ideas. and will probably still be ideas next year ,,, :roflmto:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
yes indeed.. I haven't made a proper plan yet.. just mulling over..

but I had thought on four belted seats facing each other behind drivers seat, with a table., this could convert into a single or a small double.

having no sliding door is a plus, as it gives gives more wall space, put kitchen there.

Behind kitchen, wardrobe, opposite the wardrobe, bathroom.. and at the rear two benches.. leaving space for exit

also thought of an overcab single bed like a stretcher, just two poles with canvas.. just for occasional use, as when on site Chaz would have a tent..

as I said I haven't drawn this up or measured to see how it all fits .. just ideas. and will probably still be ideas next year ,,, :roflmto:

Ivecos are only about 5 ft 8 ins wide Jim so beds across are a big NO NO unless you are a dwarf :Smile: Have another look at my layout on the link below -we use it as twin singles but can make it up to 6 ft 6 ins sq (ambulance is 6ft 6 ins wide :winky:) and now Harry comes with us he (with help from g/dad) made up a board across the front seats for him to kip on :thumb:as I said we love this layout but may well shift the loo across the entire back moving forward the kitchen etc then the beds at the front-this open up the whole of the front of the van rather than sectioning it off
terry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ivecos are only about 5 ft 8 ins wide Jim so beds across are a big NO NO unless you are a dwarf :Smile: Have another look at my layout on the link below -we use it as twin singles but can make it up to 6 ft 6 ins sq (ambulance is 6ft 6 ins wide :winky:) and now Harry comes with us he (with help from g/dad) made up a board across the front seats for him to kip on :thumb:as I said we love this layout but may well shift the loo across the entire back moving forward the kitchen etc then the beds at the front-this open up the whole of the front of the van rather than sectioning it off
terry

Jan is only 4ft 10 in .. :roflmto:

thanks for the info and tips..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

iveco 49-10 mini bus

Free Member
Sep 11, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
self build in progress
Exp