Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Fon con

We have just returned from a six week tour of France and before we embarked on our trip we purchased the bt fon router but we never once were able to connect or even locate a signal it seems there's just not enough people signed up yet so don,t count on fon mc d s is still your best bet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
I signed up this morning I just hope its not going to be a waste of £34:Doh:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I signed up some time ago and find it is worth it in the UK, it costs no extra and when on site or wandering the shops on the wifes apron strings I frequently get online with Laptop or I phone :thumb:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I got the fonera box earlier this year.
Works great in uk and france.
Just remember you,ll most likely be trying to connect to someones home wifi and the signal may be weak.I took a usb wifi dongle with an external antenna and extended it with a long usb lead so I could mount it outside with a bit of height,usually top of the ladder on the back of the camper,there are other external antennas that do the job,mine cost £15 on ebay.I picked up plenty of SFR wifi fon in france.Also handy to use parked up in a L'eclerc,usually get free wifi there as well as Mcdonalds of course.:Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have had it for a few years and often make use when in UK using BT hotspots.
Had a good connection once on the middle of France, tiny village but apart from that nothing else. However recently read up on some info about howo connect vis SRF. so will give that a try next time,
Also, have "lent" the code to a friend who uses Internet very little and knows when I am at home.. Plus came in very handy for my aon when his home connection went down and he could access a local hotspot..

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi,

I am in the process of signing up for FON has anyone else ??,

Does anyone know of any problems ??

Why don't you sign up ??,

Brian

FON

We are on Fon..... and there are others on fun on fon.
Any problems...none that i know of:thumb:
We use it in the Uk for Bt openzone...we hope to use it in france BUT mainly mid to south of france where it is more concentrated...we could also have used to connect to zon in Portugal....
I found it very good in the UK

I use a wifi booster...to pull in the signal

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have had it for a few years and often make use when in UK using BT hotspots.
Had a good connection once on the middle of France, tiny village but apart from that nothing else. However recently read up on some info about howo connect vis SRF. so will give that a try next time,
Also, have "lent" the code to a friend who uses Internet very little and knows when I am at home.. Plus came in very handy for my aon when his home connection went down and he could access a local hotspot..

Tonka... what was the info you have recently read up on how to connect to SFR...in France

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have the BT (same AS fon) and find it works ok on sites that are near a town or village where some others are signed up and share a signal.
You will need a aerial/booster to pick it up.

I found it a waste of time in France and could not find many signals, I found x1 fon but the FON webpage would not let me connect no matter how I tried,BT and FON are sposed to be the same:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back