I've seen two motors fore sale.. (1 Viewer)

H

Happyhacker

Deleted User
But need some general advice:

1. Fiat ducato 1.6 cab 1990 2.5 diesel 88k miles asking 6000 no offers!
2. Peugeot boxer (auto trail mowhawk 4 berth with ramp) 1994 petrol 2000ltr £10k 57k miles.

Would these deserve a second look? They are both private sales but locally to me.

New to all this. Thanks.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Are these coach built or panel van based?

First impression 1.6 seriously underpowered and for 24 years old a bit pricey

To be honest if you can find diesel it would be a sounder investment than petrol

I sold a 95 2.5td 6 berth euro mobil for 7k last November

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
make a list of what you must have, would like, and definitely don't want.
I'd be asking do they have a cassette WC or portapotti. Go see both and tick off on your like/wants/must have lists go home and think about it, after you have seen the condition, do look for signs of damp, check tyres, chassis, exhaust, interior décor and upholstery, use your nose, is air freshner hiding musty damp, poke around the corners and under windows, inside lockers etc. What extras are included, gas bottle, EHU, etc make lists and refer back to them. Check prices of similar models on sold listing on ebay or Auto trader. I prefer Diesel but that's a personal choice petrol can get into London, the old diesel will not. mileage is ok on the Diesel but vehicle that have not been used tend to wear out quicker, if left standing for a while you get brake binding problems etc. The petrol one is quite high mileage but a lot depends on how well it has been looked after. check service records.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Happyhacker

Deleted User
Many thanks for your advice. I now see after searching likes of eBay and gumtree I should be able to get a mid 90s one with mid mileage for about 5 - 6k. I think diesel will be my choice now even though I hate the muck that can come out the back. I can park a size of 5m x 2m off road so that sort of limits but would not be accommodating more than two at a time. I live in dorset so would not really want to travel more than say 80 miles to check one out. I think the one I mentioned are panel based but not quite sure how one knows. Is it if the brand and chassis maker (e.g. Fiat) the clue?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
neither are panel vans they are coachbuilt. You need to buy Jim's "motorhome buyers Guide", in Jim's shop top right of home page. It will guide you through the selection and buying process it Will save you the cost of the book and a lot more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back