I've Just put our Winnie in the classifieds!! (1 Viewer)

F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
I'm sad to say that we have bitten the bullet and finally put Winnie the Pooh up for sale!

For any one that's interested and wants to take a look, she is a 1985 model (registered 84) Winnebago Brave 31RQ. In British feet she is 32 feet long and drives like a dream.

If anybody wants to come and have a look please let me know. I have also put her on eBay and I'm glad to say that she has already attracted quite a lot of interest. The auction ends next Tuesday and she is already well on the way to making her reserve.

Please PM me if you want any more details or photo's

Mike and Jill

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Best of luck with the sale Foggy ::bigsmile:

For anyone who wants a closer look, the Ebay ad is Link Removed

OP
OP
F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
Thanks for putting the link in Linda - Mr Stupid here forgot to do it!!

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Mike

Good luck with your sale - I cannot see it in classified section, but maybe it is me!:winky:

OP
OP
F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
Hmmm! That's worrying, Sharon. I've just had a look and I can't see it either. It only took about an hour to upload the photo's (!!!), so I'll maybe give it another try later if it doesn't miraculously appear.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Mike

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Drop Bryan or Jim a PM, I am sure they will be able to help :winky:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
HI Mike and Jill

Best of luck with the sale. Having seen the RV in the flesh it is a cracker. Did you get the monoco from Essex by any chance?

stew

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
No problems up loading it. It is a beauty for a 1984. Not a bad price for under 11 G's, Pity I have a MH. Someone is gonna be lucky to own it. I reckon it will go in real quick time.

OP
OP
F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
Thanks for all the comments guys but old dyslexic Homer here has put '84 instead of '94...

You didn't point that out did you Linda? And I believe it was you that said I wasn't stupid!

Stupid is as stupid does!

I cloud of cursoe blaem the kebyoard but I wnot!

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks for all the comments guys but old dyslexic Homer here has put '84 instead of '94...

You didn't point that out did you Linda? And I believe it was you that said I wasn't stupid!

Stupid is as stupid does!

I cloud of cursoe blaem the kebyoard but I wnot!

Sorry Foggy......I had no idea what year it was having not seen it :Blush:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sure is going well on Ebay.

Glad to see ebay working so well:thumb:

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Sorry Foggy, this dyslexic guy :Eeek:(ME):Eeek: wrote it up as '84 instead of '94. Look on the good side buddy, it should be a quicker sale and no guy is going to try and knock you down on price. I thought it was a great price for an '84. Now I find out it really is a '94, that's giving it away Foggy. I wish I was looking for a MH!!!
Good luck on your sale.:thumb:

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Foggy, I am going bonker's. I just sent a post saying "SORRY". Thought I would check on it. Your post states 1985 Model, Reg is 1984. On e-bay it says it is 1994. "What's up "DOC" :Eeek:Or have I blown it and posted without knowing what I am talking about. If so, I am SORRY again.:Blush:

OP
OP
F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
No, it's definitely me that's the pratt but I'll take apologies wherever I can get them so please don't stop!!

And Linda: being an absolute goddess and my all time hero, I'm dissapointed to find out that you're not psychic.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
No, it's definitely me that's the pratt but I'll take apologies wherever I can get them so please don't stop!!

And Linda: being an absolute goddess and my all time hero, I'm dissapointed to find out that you're not psychic.

Crawler!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You are now entering the twilight zone!!!!!!!!!!!

Or should that read Twiglet???? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
How is the viewing/sale going Mike?

OP
OP
F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
Hi Sharon (and Keith, 'cos he's probably craning his neck looking over your shoulder)

After a 10 day listing, the Winnie finally sold! The new 'owner' splits his time between London and Portugal and is planning to take Pooh over there on May the 21st. I am a bit sorry that she didn't make a little more than she did as she is well worth at least 3 or 4K more than we got, but the truth is that we couldn't continue to hang on to her any more. I took her for a ride up the road just to loosen her up a bit and I still can't believe how beautifully she drives.

The problem, as I'm sure everybody who has ever sold a vehicle on eBay is aware, is that the world is full of people who are nothing more than a bit curious which tends to take up an awful lot of your time; not just in showing them around your pride and joy, but emailing extra pictures, answering what can sometimes seem to be trivial and unnecessary questions and generally wasting your very precious time.

Half a dozen people came and looked, made various cooing and ahhhing noises and all went away with promises to bid...Hmmmmm! The winner was this chap down in London who never asked a question, never came to see her and never even felt it necessary to email me to express his intentions.

He contacted me the day after the auction told me he would despatch a cheque the following day (Thursday) informed me of the arrangements he had made for shipping and set a date for picking her up!

I'm obviously expecting the cheque by Saturday morning but have no reason to doubt (?) that things should go according to plan.

As an aside, the whole process has been a very emotional one and this type of selling is both draining and heart rending. When you have become so attached to a 'thing', letting go can be a real wrench. In all the time we had the Winnie we had little more than a few niggles which were soon put right. As Keith will attest, we had a couple of coughs when we took her out for a spin after a couple of months of inactivity, but a few miles of demonstrations to potential timewasters and that engine and box are as smooth and lively as when it was new. In fact compared to the Monaco, the Winnie now drives like a Ferrari.

I have to be honest and say that had it not been for the fact that the Winnie could not offer the payload that we have with the Monaco, it could well have been the Monaco as the subject of the auction.

Don't get me wrong, the Monaco is very nice, reliable, easy enough to drive and offers us most of what we need. The Winnie, however, is adorable, steadfast, an absolute joy to drive and completely changed the way we live our lives - just can't give up that half ton boat!!!!

I will keep you all informed as to progress.

Mike and Jill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back