I've just brought me a camper:)) (1 Viewer)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Matt and a big welcome from :france: you will get loads of help on here and be the best few quid you will spend!!
Not just camper stuff but a chill out read,laughs and much more:cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, it will be the best £10.00 you have ever spend you will get it back in advise alone, in fact you seem to have already received more than £10.00 worth of advise already. (y)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Hi and welcome. .

first rule of motorhoming, ... the journey is the holiday.. not how fast you can get there..

but yes.. it should go a tad quicker..

Except when you're late for the ferry...

I now need...^^^

Nobody worries about typos here.. but you do need to pay the tenner if you want to keep posting. I saved over £100 my first week as a member by getting some very useful advice on European breakdown cover.

OP
OP
matt stevens

matt stevens

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Sutton Coldfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hymer 1991
Exp
Hello again people. Thankyou for the warm welcome.

Ok so I brought it tuesday, and had plans to get it fully serviced inc cambelt and looked over, towbar fitted then go racing in Dorset the weekend. That didn't happen...

The towbar I'm buying the and having it fitted by the mechanic doing the service. So I thought I'd work my way around how things work. I can't get any water to run, no taps, no flush and I can't get the fridge on either.. Has it anything to do with I wasn't plugged into power externally. So I was using an onboard battery. I Really have no idea. :-( but I'm getting there:)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
First things first, I don't know your can but somewhere there will be a control panel. There is likely to be a battery meter on here and some buttons .. German you say.. hmm.. dunno.. but one of these buttons will make the meter dance. Does it go all the way to the green?

OP
OP
matt stevens

matt stevens

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Sutton Coldfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hymer 1991
Exp
There is a control panel, and it says bat1 and bat2. With the inverter switched on, they both go pretty much all the way up to the green. With the inverter off only the one goes up. So is the inverter running off the van battery?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I imagine it is. One bat will likely be your hab battery (leisure battery) and the other your engine starting battery. You use that switch to choose which battery to take power from. You only want to use the engine battery in an emergency. Someone who knows your van may be able to tell you which is which otherwise it's time to get the multimeter out.

Another switch on there will turn your water pump On. That's a good start because if you've found the gas then you can have a cuppa while you work the rest out.

OP
OP
matt stevens

matt stevens

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Sutton Coldfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hymer 1991
Exp
Well the guy who owned the van before just messaged back. He said if it's all on from the control panel the pump should work. He said give the pump a good shake inside the water barrel or blow air down one of the taps to apply back pressure. Also the heater, you can hear the igniter clicking but it's not firing up. Anyone live local lol???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back