I've been looking forward to this!! (1 Viewer)

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Today is the day!!!!!

Attachments

• 20201109_092416.jpg
    20201109_092416.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 574

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
It really looks good!!! ------ but-------- we had the same type of carpet in our flair ( not as nice as yours!!!!) And found with a dog and constantly wild camping it was too much faffing about to clean!! If you are cleaner living you will get on ok with it!!!! --------- we found it more practical to have runners, so easy to flick outside to clean and they went in a washing machine!!!!!
Have to confess I am a little envious of your flair!!😥😥----- but reality hits!! We cannot now drive over 3.5t😥😥 the only reason we let ours go!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
It really looks good!!! ------ but-------- we had the same type of carpet in our flair ( not as nice as yours!!!!) And found with a dog and constantly wild camping it was too much faffing about to clean!! If you are cleaner living you will get on ok with it!!!! --------- we found it more practical to have runners, so easy to flick outside to clean and they went in a washing machine!!!!!
Have to confess I am a little envious of your flair!!😥😥----- but reality hits!! We cannot now drive over 3.5t😥😥 the only reason we let ours go!!
Apparently these can be bleached! I've got a carpet cleaner which will get used pretty much after every trip as our dog loves mud and water!!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Taff

Looks very good. When I see touring opportunities returning I will confer with OH as I know she would like to replace our old ones.

When we priced them last we found the carpet itself was not so expensive but the whipping for all the sections needed for a MH is the most expensive bit, mainly because as you say Taff access is needed to so many underfloor spaces. I suppose that is one advantage of a truck-based chassis that a lot of the underfloor is accessed through outside locker doors.

I note your small piece between the rear travelling and bench seat. I assume that may be for tank and valve access, as is ours. Ours is one piece with the main section, but we could do it separate for new ones.

I also not that they have left your edges up the furniture a little 'proud' - presumably to allow for slight shrinkage in cleaning.

Thanks for prompting us.

Geoff

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Taff

Looks very good. When I see touring opportunities returning I will confer with OH as I know she would like to replace our old ones.

When we priced them last we found the carpet itself was not so expensive but the whipping for all the sections needed for a MH is the most expensive bit, mainly because as you say Taff access is needed to so many underfloor spaces. I suppose that is one advantage of a truck-based chassis that a lot of the underfloor is accessed through outside locker doors.

I note your small piece between the rear travelling and bench seat. I assume that may be for tank and valve access, as is ours. Ours is one piece with the main section, but we could do it separate for new ones.

I also not that they have left your edges up the furniture a little 'proud' - presumably to allow for slight shrinkage in cleaning.

Thanks for prompting us.

Geoff
The small space is actually the foot area for when used as a travel seat. I hadn’t put the flap back across to make it the L shaped seating area again. He left that part separate so I could remove the square when I close it off. I was expecting the price to be really high but for £395 all in, I think it’s good value

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The small space is actually the foot area for when used as a travel seat. I hadn’t put the flap back across to make it the L shaped seating area again. He left that part separate so I could remove the square when I close it off. I was expecting the price to be really high but for £395 all in, I think it’s good value

Same as ours, where I have to push the one piece down under the closing 'door', so I would follow that idea. It is a layout I like as it gives a long part to the 'L' settee - we use it to both stretch out feet to feet, and better than the short side benches that are left in layouts with separate loos and showers.

Price seems reasonable for the good job they did.

Thanks, Geoff

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I found that N+B used a lot of joins originally so when I did our Flair I had one piece from just behind the front seats to the bathroom door, they pulled back OK to get at the tanks and storage.

On the Palace I cut the carpet to fit and then sealed the edges with copydex, a long job but very happy with the overall effect,

IMG_3367.jpeg

Templating was the biggest job,

IMG_3371.jpeg

It's not glued, just fits where it touches, yes I have cut the stray fibre off ;)

IMG_3381.jpeg

I'm a bit of a short arse so a bit of lift to reach the pedals and a join showing diagonal at the bottom of the pic.

We don't have kids or dogs though and it's a no shoe zone.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OMG ... carpet next to the loo!!!!! o_O

I had that in my house for 10 years until the tenants wanted tiles. I do not like walking with bare feet on tiles after the shower.

I had a toilet mat in front of the bowl.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I found that N+B used a lot of joins originally so when I did our Flair I had one piece from just behind the front seats to the bathroom door, they pulled back OK to get at the tanks and storage.

On the Palace I cut the carpet to fit and then sealed the edges with copydex, a long job but very happy with the overall effect,

View attachment 439977

Templating was the biggest job,

View attachment 439978

It's not glued, just fits where it touches, yes I have cut the stray fibre off ;)

View attachment 439979

I'm a bit of a short arse so a bit of lift to reach the pedals and a join showing diagonal at the bottom of the pic.

We don't have kids or dogs though and it's a no shoe zone.
Someone has nicked your clutch pedal Martin! :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I had that in my house for 10 years until the tenants wanted tiles. I do not like walking with bare feet on tiles after the shower.

I had a toilet mat in front of the bowl.
At home we have vinyl on our bathroom floor and I have a couple of washable cotton trill type mats, one in front of the sink and one by the bath which has the shower over it, no way would I have one near the toilet ... not with my hubby! o_O

As for having a toilet mat in front of the bowl ... please tell me you don't also have the matching toilet seat cover! :LOL:

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
At home we have vinyl on our bathroom floor and I have a couple of washable cotton trill type mats, one in front of the sink and one by the bath which has the shower over it, no way would I have one near the toilet ... not with my hubby! o_O

As for having a toilet mat in front of the bowl ... please tell me you don't also have the matching toilet seat cover! :LOL:

No need I always lift the lid and the seat before I start pissing.

What do they do in E. Yorks, that makes you ask?

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Personally, we went off carpets in touring vans and motorhomes when we bought our Burstner caravan which had a similar floor to our EuraMobil both having mock but substantial wood strip look flooring. No worrying about the muck and the wet as they are/were well sealed. OK cold to the feet on a cold morning but a few minutes later we did not notice. We owned touring caravans of various makes over 40 plus year all with carpets and that was the part that really annoyed us about them all. Carpets then for us a no-no.

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Personally, we went off carpets in touring vans and motorhomes when we bought our Burstner caravan which had a similar floor to our EuraMobil both having mock but substantial wood strip look flooring. No worrying about the muck and the wet as they are/were well sealed. OK cold to the feet on a cold morning but a few minutes later we did not notice. We owned touring caravans of various makes over 40 plus year all with carpets and that was the part that really annoyed us about them all. Carpets then for us a no-no.
I need something soft under my tootsies when I'm weeing on the floor!!! and the dog needs somewhere to drag his butt on so carpets for us!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No need I always lift the lid and the seat before I start pissing.

What do they do in E. Yorks, that makes you ask?
Well I remember well in the dim and distant past when I were a lass my Mum taking me to Boyes store and seeing matching toilet seat, toilet base and bath mats being sold as a 'set' ... some of them were fluffy! Fortunately we were sensible enough not to buy them and have thus escaped the 'Mrs Bucket' mindset of continuing to do so ...

plus we were skint so couldn't afford them! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back