DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There was a repeat this morning of the ITV program about the best walks in the UK. I looked on line to see if they were listed anywhere as I only caught the end of the item about one near me on Dartmoor. What I found was an Ordnance Survey page which not only lists them put has much more information about the individual walks.

There is an interactive map where you can click on the walks. The one I was interested in is called Bowerman's Nose which you can find by clicking in the right place on the map or by clicking on the South West England link. This takes you to a list of the walks and if you click on the "See route" link under Bowerman's Nose it goes to a page about the walk. There is an option to download a GPX file you can use on your GPS if you have one but this seems only to be available if you pay a subscription. :(

The map which comes up is a useful resource - you can zoom out from it and look anywhere in the country. :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
There was a repeat this morning of the ITV program about the best walks in the UK. I looked on line to see if they were listed anywhere as I only caught the end of the item about one near me on Dartmoor. What I found was an interest Ordnance Survey page which not only lists them put has much more information about the individual walks.

There is a map and also a clicking on the South West England link brings up a list of the walks. The one I was interested in is called Bowerman's Nose and if you click on the "Get Route" link it goes to a page about the walk. There is an option to download a GPX file you can use on your GPS if you have one but this seems only to be available if you pay a subscription. :(

Brilliant programme and have also used the links for walks near us in the EastMidlands.
Would have liked the programme to have had a section on choosing the right clothing, footwear , rucksacks etc and on general walking safety/ weather conditions though.
Maybe another series on such topics?

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back