Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
Littlehouse is back !
As part of our 'sell up & move to France' plan, we sold our little Autosleeper/ Citroen MH a year ago. The move over here was reasonably smooth, and we now have a house in Decize, central France. As we originally travelled here by boat, this is now berthed in the town marina and we will do some canal cruising this year, probably whilst friends or relatives visit.
Travelling around in France is so relaxing and there are an amazing variety of facilities available, either really cheap or free, almost every town or village has an 'aire ' and provides a varying level of ameneties. When someone is explaining this, back in the UK, you cannot imagine how widespread these 'campingrounds are.
After 12 months we realised that, from where we live, most of western Europe is easily accessible and that if we wanted to travel any distance, another MH was required. I normally do my shopping on Ebay, but Liz found a Mobilvetta 52 on Gumtree. For sale in Scotland, so priced right for small audience and L H D, which no-one up there wants, so cheaper again! GOING AGAINST ALL THE ADVICE I HAVE EVER GIVEN OR TAKEN, we decided to buy the van 'unseen' ,mostly on the basis that the seller ( on the phone) sounded like an OK honest bloke and it would have been difficult to travel 1000 or so (each way) miles to view as we are dog sitting for friends at the moment.
After a short chat, the vendor seemed surprised that we offered his asking price, with no haggling. A short while later, during another phone call, he said that the best offer he'd had was £500 less than his asking price, so I could also buy it for the same price! We were gobsmacked !! (but quickly accepted his offer)
So, that's part one of this story. The van is being collected for me next week and we will travel back to Newcastle to drive it to France sometime in March.
We will, of course, keep you all up to speed as the next part of our story unfolds (particularily for those among you who are thinking 'WHAT A DI-K!' )
Cordialement for now, Liz 'n' Clive

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I hope all goes well with collecting your new motorhome. I really hope you're not handing over any money until you see it in the flesh . ( but these days I'm a more suspicious person!)

And congratulations on your move to France.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
No way would I part with money without seeing and getting the MH. I hope its not a scam.

Where in Scotland is the MH?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brightonian

Free Member
Nov 27, 2015
City of Brighton & Hove
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 Years
Hi & welcome from a newbie:)

There are many scammers and crooks in this world but i believe they are out numbered many more times by honest good people and by the sound of it i reckon this is one of the good'uns.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello you two. We didn't even know you'd moved to France ! We wondered why we'd not bumped into you on a rally.
Why didn't you get someone on here , up in Scotland , to view the van for you ! I'm more than certain someone would have done.
I hope your not disappointed , and the van is everything you wanted.
Your both such a lovely couple we'd hate you to get ripped off!
I think we're heading to France in September , our first time , to try out some of those lovely Aires . So we may bump into you !

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Hello to Peter & Elaine We're not nice, really. We just drink a lot & tell dirty jokes. That's why we fit in so well!

Fancy a visit? Liz'n'Clive.
Elaine and I would love to visit maybe after Easter
I have had some medical issues with my prostrate but should be sorted next week I have had the all clear just got to go for interview with doc to arrange for regular screening
So we will be loading up for a 3 month jolly to the sun

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Welcome back and good luck with the new van,I have bought loads of vehicles unseen and never worried about it and seldom been disappointed !
If it feels right I do it,generally have found most people are " fairly honest"
And those outweigh the not so honest,like my glass to be half full.

OP
OP
littlehouse

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
Hello to all above who have contributed to the on going 'thread'.
To bring you up to speed with our antics. We have now returned to the UK, and have found ourselves in Amble (by-the-sea) on the Northumberlad coast. Our new home seemed to find us,rather than the other way round, agreeing to take the house unseen (those who have been paying attention will know this is our habit), but we have ended up in a vibrant, busy tourist town with things happening all the time. Pubs & eateries to suit all tastes, so we are delighted with our move and look forward to this as our next 5 year plan.
Our previous 5 year plan (France) seemed to fizzle out in the end. Nothing was happening in Decize during the Christmas hols, and on new year's eve, the only thing open was a kebab shop. Our log-burner flue broke so the holiday became less than interesting for ourselves & our guests.
The end of our 'plan' was looming (April 1st) so we decided to up sticks. Liz said "it'll be no problem, there isn't much stuff" (this will form the subject of a book I plan to write)
So anyway, we're back. Our Mobilvetta has just passed another MOT without having much spent since we bought her. I still have the new exhaust in the shed that I bought 3years ago. (coz the old one looked past its best.) A good few k's under the belt with trips as far as Gibraltar, Belgium & Holland. Our boat, Northern Lights, is still in the marina in Decize, but in September we will go back to begin our return trip which will include a visit to the IOM for the TT next year.
Sofarsogood!
Drive carefully, Liz 'n' Clive

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Well, nobody can accuse you of being in a rut !
Hope you enjoy living in your new home

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Welcome Back.jpg