Itsa start... (1 Viewer)

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Currently going through all the compromises...need one to live in longer term...thinking Laika, Hymer, Mobilvette, Neisman. Seems people make first mistakes when choosing layout. Logic suggests that having living space with kitchen area away/at the rear is more important than having permanent bed. All thoughts welcomed.

And which offer the better fuel consumption....A-class, maybe?

P.s. That's a pic of the missus....

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Some people :whistle: make more than 1 (expensive) mistake! We are on our 4th van and finally we've got what really suits our motorhoming lifestyle. Everyone is individual but our layout is huge rear lounge, separate shower and toilet, kitchen in the middle and an electric dropdown bed over cab and it's a Frankia 'A' class. Happy hunting and
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Hello and welcome from Scotland. :WelcomeFlag:Each to their own, love my single beds.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi welcome to fun happy and safe travels.

On our third van 1st had to make up bed
2nd drop down bed
Now have fixed bed .

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:hiya2: and :welcomesign:to Fun.

Always difficult to decide exactly the right layout. You need to look at a lot of vans, sit in them all, before you decide. Best advice I was given was imagine it's raining for 24 hours, non stop. You're both in the van--- imagine how you'd cope, eating, relaxing, sleeping, watching TV, showering and so on.
Good luck---the perfect van is out there waiting for you, I'm sure.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Greetings, we are also on our 4th van, 2 U-shaped lounges, 1 mid bench seat, all of which required the bed to made up. Current van has pull down bed over cab area, works well for us, so far...

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
island bed for us, at last!!(y) Oh and its a Rapido A class.
And welcome to the nuthouse!

OP
OP
Beerbiker

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Woofly good advice...looking for one in Barking...

Thanks..keep 'em coming!

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, get the layout right and hopefully you sorted, try to see as many Motorhomes as possible before buying. (y)

OP
OP
Beerbiker

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
We are trying but so few seem to be south of London...and so many in the north of the UK. I am assuming that this was an area which was popular for caravans and that this interest has now moved to MH's

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
We are trying but so few seem to be south of London...and so many in the north of the UK. I am assuming that this was an area which was popular for caravans and that this interest has now moved to MH's
More likely that the parking space for a MH down South costs more than the said motor home :eek:
Seriously though, you do need to sit in lots and imagine all aspects of the day to see if you think it will tick all the essential boxes for eating, sleeping, relaxing etc. It's not easy to buy the right one first time but easy to get carried away and buy something that seemed good to find the shortcomings later.
Also especially for long term use ie full timing, the payload will be very important to ensure you can carry all your belongings.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
There are so many factors to consider when buying a moho and everyone’s requirements will differ. If there was a ‘best’ solution, there wouldn’t be so many others to choose from.

I’d suggest you hire, or buy with the intention of selling again, to discover what matters most for you. It’s probably the only way you’ll find out.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
:hiya2:
w2f
Remember a salesman will sell you a motorhome HE wants to sell, not the motorhome you want to buy be firm and stick to your preferences.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i know therews those that like making the bed up everynight but for us a fixed bed is a must have i would think even more so for fulltiming

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Layout of the Moho is a very personal choice and takes time to understand what you want.
However, our first priority was that it had to be sub 6 metres because I wanted it fit on my drive rather than pay for storage. However, if the right vehicle came along, it would have been cheaper to move the wall than storage costs over the years. I digress.
On most threads you'll read that a motorhome is a compromise. Yes it is but houses are too, and sometimes jobs. Not everyone gets the ideal house, in the ideal village/town/city with the ideal neighbours. Yes it'll tick most of the boxes and there's always something different or extra you want.
We initially bought a PVC (Panel van conversion) and loved it. There was the slight bother of having to shuffle up the seating arrangement every night but it was not a problem.
We hadn't had it long, and like you do, you look at motorhomes and compare and see what bits and bobs you like/nedd/want to add, do we. Went to shows and local dealers. No intention of changing (fatal words) but went to 3 shows and we were at about the 3rd dealer and it was getting much the same.
Then I saw a burgundy and grey coloured motorhome.
Went through it like a dose of salts and couldn't believe it. Within 10 minutes the SOLD sign was up.
It's an "A' classic, in fact it's the Hymer compact A class. It also seems to be Hymers dabbling into concept Mohos.
It's too small for some, it's too big for others, it's not white. It has a drop down bed, in fact it's a typical A class. We're in our 11th year of ownership now and not seen anything I'd change for..
DSC_0357.JPG

And very importantly
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread