It's your choice, very personal needs. (1 Viewer)

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Spending a shed load of money on a camera can be a waste of hard earned cash, paying for functions you may never use during the life of your camera..
Check out the forum's members media, posted on 5 August 2019 ... all taken on a humble Olympus OMD Mark II micro four thirds camera.
The Olympus is a small camera and can use compatible micro four third lenses from both Panasonic and Olympus.
Our Motorhome Fun leader Jim favours the micro four thirds sytem.

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Just a few samples
COMA_ (9).jpg
COMA_ (6).jpg
P123456.jpg

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Sorry, for sounding like a moaning Minnie, Hopefully you will read this as just an offering of advice, but looking at those, they are very noisy with image artifacts around the high contrast areas are you shooting RAW and then reducing the quality to JPEG?

You should shoot RAW if that camera supports it) in the highest quality then keep those images and copy and reduce to JPEG for the internet.

The Sail boat image really shows the poor quality and a micro 4/3 camera will produce better. Perhaps look at your settings?

I have looked at your media files and they show the same artifacting and noise.

Maybe you do shoot RAW and its just a very low quality copy for the net you have posted.

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Yeah point taken,
you are spot on ... the photos have been minimized for file size for quick viewing on tablets and phones, they're samples to show range, colour and impact.
The originals are noise free and quality for pixel peepers but I wonder how many Funsters want super resolution shots displayed super size perfect or just lovely photos of their journeys and camping.

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Spending a shed load of money on a camera can be a waste of hard earned cash, paying for functions you may never use during the life of your camera..
Check out the forum's members media, posted on 5 August 2019 ... all taken on a humble Olympus OMD Mark II micro four thirds camera.
The Olympus is a small camera and can use compatible micro four third lenses from both Panasonic and Olympus.
Our Motorhome Fun leader Jim favours the micro four thirds sytem.
Depends whether or not you use those functions. As a enthusiast photographer for some 40 years, I have been through numerous systems Canon, Nikon,Olympus and currently Fuji. I have learnt several things:

1 Phones are so good these days that for the vast majority of casual photographers, a dedicated camera is not worth buying.

2. If you are an enthusiast, full frame cameras give the best quality as they let in so much light and have larger pixels. Of course medium format is better, but over kill for most people unless you want huge prints. For portraits you get the shallowest DOF too on a FF. Currently the Sony A7iii has best AF system.

3. For sports and wildlife a smaller sensor gives you smaller glass, so micro four thirds Panasonic or Olympus is a good buy. Nikon APC is the goto system for most serious birders though. If you’re a professional full frame with large F4 lenses is quite something. The Canon 600m f4 is about £11000 and you need a suitcase to carry it though. Have seen guys carrying those over to the Farne Islands and struggling into the boat. Most bird shoots I go on, people have Nikon.

4 If you are a serious photographer but can only afford one system, 1.5 APC crop sensor is best. Can take great portraits with a very fast lens and the long lenses aren’t too big. Good compromise. The current Fuji X-T3 is the best APC sensor camera, although Sony and Canon have released new ones in the last week or two which might take their crown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Interesting. I have a Panasonic GF2 micro 4/3 which is really good. Sadly does not get used very much nowadays due to pure laziness

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back