Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
225/75/16.

Currently I have Continental MH tyres. However I have read the the new crop of Michelin MH tyres are pretty good. Being better at wear, noise and MPG.

What say you?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Already posted earlier this evening

There's already a thread on replacement tyres running tonight :Smile:

My tyre date stamp said they were built in 2005 and showed wear on the sidewalls. They'd only covered 16,000miles and tread like new. Wouldn't have got through the mot and wouldn't have wanted to try

Couldn't imagine a blowout on the motorway...best laxative known to man

Had a mobile company come and replace my Michelin Campers with the latest Michelins. Did like for like as the area of rubber on the road is probably 4 x the spam of your open hand and to me, t'was the most important factor in the decision on what to use ::bigsmile:

I contemplated all the others but simply ruled them out. The company I used was eTyres. Brilliant price and super service too :thumb:

Noticed a reduction in road noise immediately, very smooth ride and what my manufacturer recommended from original fit.

Hope it helps:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was really happy with the Mich Campervan ones on the Miller.. Right up to the time I changed them and was forced by circumstance to go with a set of Hankooks..
Talk about an upgrade !
Massively quieter and massively more grip in the wet.. On top of that, after we had managed to get stuck all over Europe with the Mich's.. the Hankooks even got us out of the quagmire that was Newark in 2013 !

The new van has Conti's on.. No idea how they will behave in adverse conditions but they are not too bad for road noise. Louder than the Hankooks but not as loud as the Mich's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Adsa and f1 tyre both do the Michelin agilas 113q caper tyres @ $155.10 fully fitted.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Tyres

225/75/16.

Currently I have Continental MH tyres. However I have read the the new crop of Michelin MH tyres are pretty good. Being better at wear, noise and MPG.

What say you?
Changed from Michelin to Continental Camper tyres in February this year. They run at lower pressure making for a queiter and less hard ride on my unit. 3800 miles covered to date without complaint.

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
There's already a thread on replacement tyres running tonight :Smile:

My tyre date stamp said they were built in 2005 and showed wear on the sidewalls. They'd only covered 16,000miles and tread like new. Wouldn't have got through the mot and wouldn't have wanted to try

Couldn't imagine a blowout on the motorway...best laxative known to man

Had a mobile company come and replace my Michelin Campers with the latest Michelins. Did like for like as the area of rubber on the road is probably 4 x the spam of your open hand and to me, t'was the most important factor in the decision on what to use ::bigsmile:

I contemplated all the others but simply ruled them out. The company I used was eTyres. Brilliant price and super service too :thumb:

Noticed a reduction in road noise immediately, very smooth ride and what my manufacturer recommended from original fit.

Hope it helps:thumb:

Michelin Agilis Campers for me recently, also used ETyres, great price, punctual and some very helpful free advice. Highly recommend them

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
225/75/16.

What say you?

Same size as mine. I'm still thinking of getting Toyo Open Country ATs. Healthy load rating, M&S rating for Europe in winter. 4WD tyre that will get off a muddy field, but still be OK on the motorway. Unfortunately, I need 7.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i just put 6 gt radials on mine .
they have a weight load of 114/116 so ideal. made in china so they will possibly be excellent . going by the chinese m,bike tyres i have had in the past.these are made by the same company .75 quid and fitted free. at h,q tyres .

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On the Rapido i Changed from michelin to conti vango campers and went up to 225, far better tyres for grip , feel , economy and noise ,
i had to turn the preset down on the radio and the sat navs ,
cost £132 , fitted,

just changed this van to conti winter 2 C , higher wall spec 116 / 114 , along with air suspension it has enabled me to uplate from 3500kg to 4000 kg , :Cool:

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
So it looks like comments here and in other forums that the Continentals are actually pretty bloody good.

I think I will stick with them. My main gripe was the mileage on them. I am the 2nd owner and the tyres are shot at 16.5K. I have done 2 of them and I am gentle. So I guess the previous owner had a heavy right foot.

The continentals were the only ones that came up with a B rating on MPG and on wear.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back