Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
We are fairly new to motorhoming - just over a year - and, except for Brit Stops, which we use a lot, and with the obvious exception of MHF - which is brilliant value for money, everything we subscribed to in our initial enthusiasm has been cancelled, not because we are tight, but we just can't see the value in them. Especially the one where you pay an annual fee, which then lets you pay exorbitant site fees, which gets you shouted at (literally shouted at !) for being 3 inches to the left of the peg, and where they don't allocate you a pitch when you arrive but just say 'find a pitch and come back and tell us where you are'. So our future is MHF, Brit Stops, private sites - which we find to be much better value - and wild-camping.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Most of the CCC and CMC magazines are still in their plastic wrappers, so are the NT ones
I find the magazine's have little content ...I can scan through one in six minutes...the stories of how to bake pasta in a £100 sleeping bag, how to wash a dog , or how to identify a fox don't tick my box :xrofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tip For the Guys...I take my monthly CMC magazine with me when I go to the barbers for a haircut, as its not so much of a waist of time reading it.
Its slightly better than reading the newspapers that are available, like The Sun or The Daily Mirror,except The CMC mag doesn't have a bad review or word, to say against anything or anyone!
Les

cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
Fun plus all the aires, and a member of several facebook groups, madness, HOG, and a couple of others. We nearly always use aires or wildcamp, so have no use for paying memberships, then paying again to stay somewhere! :xgrin:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Motorhome fun is the only one for me and long will it continue to do so . Because it's the only group I know that you make so many friends ,and meet other people that have had enough of being ripped off by other clubs ,not all other clubs but most of them are bloody expensive and not half as much info as you get with all the funsters who share there knowledge and experience

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I subscribe to MMM but I also subscribe to https://go.readly.com/ which gives me access to thousands of magazines of all sorts. I read a half dozen fishing mags, around a dozen photography / Photoshop mags, tropical fish mags, campervan and two MH mags, aviation mags and numerous travel mags. Not only do you get access to current editions, you can also read back copies going back two years. That's only the British ones. You also get access to foreign mags. For less that £8 a month it's a no brainer. How often have you been sitting in your 'van with nothing new to read?:xThumb:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Mine are all due at different times of the year. Good job, I wouldn't be able to afford them if they all fell due at the same time.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
MHF is a great source of info to which perhaps I hope I have added at times. CAMC is getting too proud of themselves and STILL cant build a MH service point . Mag is nonsense but CL's are a gem,, until they get the EHU fad.

Mike

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
MF - Life Member

Annually renew CMC and C&CC

Annually renew RSPB

Not sure whether to renew the Auto-Sleepers Owners Club now that my initial free membership has expired but probably will

I bought BritStops membership for my brother-in-law as a Christmas present last year and will probably get it for myself

Hardly ever buy motorhome magazines

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Fun
Britstops

That's it.

Never bothered with any of the magazines as they're just glorified advertising.

Don't see any good reason to pay either of the big companies. Nothing they offer interests me in the slightest apart from the odd CL/CS but the ones I like never ask for membership details anyway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back