LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok following on from our new year meet we have new recruits for the slope action
Haganap
Ash
Cls
Monsi
Mandymartin
Forest boy
Champers
Jon and shell

Starting to look like a bit of a laugh:Smile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Heh up Haggers this is starting to cost me a fortune
Jan had a brand new pair of all singing and dancing ski boots last week.:ROFLMAO:
Still no excuses not to do the Black runs now:ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Heh up Haggers this is starting to cost me a fortune
Jan had a brand new pair of all singing and dancing ski boots last week.:ROFLMAO:
Still no excuses not to do the Black runs now:ROFLMAO:

We'll be the ones with all the gear and no idea!!!!!:winky:

We have had to kit out 4 of us! Thank God for Aldi! We saved a small fortune buying their ski clothing!
Karrimor Snow Boots are going for a song at Sports Direct too! We've all got those!!!!

Hopefully all that Skiing with the Army in Norway 15 yrs ago will come straight back to me!
Shell should be OK, she last skied 10 yrs ago!

The Kids, well they're off to Ski School each morning!

Are we going to get together for a big toboggan race? At 6km long, it has to be done!!!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Are we going to get together for a big toboggan race? At 6km long, it has to be done!!!::bigsmile:

Definitely, its the longest toboggan run in Europe, should be a good laugh. We wont race until you get there though. Didn't know you would be bringing kids, how old? gender?
We have 3 kids coming so far so a few more would be good.
Just need to know how much water they can carry. :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Haggers

We'll have a boy,10 and a girl,7.

They are in desperate need of motorhome training, so any cassette emptying practice you can provide would be most welcome!!::bigsmile:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Decision made - WE ARE COMING - OMG can't believe we are actually going to do it after talking about it for so long!
I'll PM you over the weekend with questions on what to book & where to meet etc... meanwhile I'm off to Sports Direct tomorrow to get kitted out, hope they've got some gear left.
We are off to Spain Jan 20 - Feb 2nd (flying) so will only have a few days to prepare when we get home and some of those will be spent helping our son move house so will be knackered before we get there.
Hoping there is a ski school there to teach me (hubby does snowboarding every year so doesn't need lessons) but am a bit worried about being unfit so may not last past lesson one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: probably won't be able to move for the rest of the week............is it too late to get to the gym?
Broken Link Removed Jacky & Tony

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Decision made - WE ARE COMING - OMG can't believe we are actually going to do it after talking about it for so long!
I'll PM you over the weekend with questions on what to book & where to meet etc... meanwhile I'm off to Sports Direct tomorrow to get kitted out, hope they've got some gear left.
We are off to Spain Jan 20 - Feb 2nd (flying) so will only have a few days to prepare when we get home and some of those will be spent helping our son move house so will be knackered before we get there.
Hoping there is a ski school there to teach me (hubby does snowboarding every year so doesn't need lessons) but am a bit worried about being unfit so may not last past lesson one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: probably won't be able to move for the rest of the week............is it too late to get to the gym?
Broken Link Removed Jacky & Tony
(ps alot of jargon when in reply ????)
You will find a lot of good ski wear reasonable / savings in TKmax if you have one local
:thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Paul , car park is booked from the saturday, keep a space nr you guys if poss wahoooo so see you then.... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ash the race is on gauntlet thrown ..... hope you have been keeping fit and not indulging in that old hop drug my man and your skis have been serviced to give you every advantage to beat me this year for a change ....lolololol

Keith n Alisha get booking lolol

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Haganap
Ash
Cls
Monsi
Mandymartin
Forest boy
Champers
Jon and shell
Jaygee

Phew, that's one hell of an Alpine party. Good job I will be wrapped up in bed by 7 each night and up early on the Piste with my lads.

Oh BTW, can't wait to see this race, which nursery slope will you be racing down. :roflmto::roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Good job you are not all up there!:whatthe::whatthe:

You should have seen all the motorhomes parked up along the road to the Alps!!!! All covered in snow, there were dozen of them:Eeek::Eeek:There was quite a bad weather yesterday and over the night !So this time no matter whether people had chains or not ... they were all told to stop and park till the weather changes!!!! I hope you'll have a better sky where you all come over:thumb::thumb:

Happy and safe travel to all of you!!!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile::winky:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Haganap
Ash
Cls
Monsi
Mandymartin
Forest boy
Champers
Jon and shell
Jaygee

Phew, that's one hell of an Alpine party. Good job I will be wrapped up in bed by 7 each night and up early on the Piste with my lads.

Oh BTW, can't wait to see this race, which nursery slope will you be racing down. :roflmto::roflmto:

Lolol ....yes fair dinkums but a race is a race ,I only beat Ash last time as I progressed to cutting the corners going round the bends sneaky huh:ROFLMAO:
But he will be aware of that now so will have to work out another [STRIKE]sneaky[/STRIKE]move:thumb:

Thank you Frankie for the info :thumb:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Paul , car park is booked from the saturday, keep a space nr you guys if poss wahoooo so see you then.... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ash the race is on gauntlet thrown ..... hope you have been keeping fit and not indulging in that old hop drug my man and your skis have been serviced to give you every advantage to beat me this year for a change ....lolololol

Keith n Alisha get booking lolol

Bring it on lol...yes ive been keeping fit :Cool: i have to, to keep up with you oldies:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Haganap
Ash
Cls
Monsi
Mandymartin
Forest boy
Champers
Jon and shell
Jaygee

you konw us paul it will be the fast one (GREEN ):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have been trying to find a sponsor for the toboggan race but to no avail!:Sad:

The marketing people we spoke to said 'The Fray Bentos Motorhome Fun 6km Toboggan Challenge' didn't have enough of a ring to it and that Eurosport wouldn't be interested in televising it!

Never mind!

Are we all still up for it?::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have been trying to find a sponsor for the toboggan race but to no avail!:Sad:

The marketing people we spoke to said 'The Fray Bentos Motorhome Fun 6km Toboggan Challenge' didn't have enough of a ring to it and that Eurosport wouldn't be interested in televising it!

Never mind!

Thankyou but I will give that one a miss but will enjoy watching the others having Fun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Stop being Mrs Nice Guy, you're American, ask Jim if he can source some stun grenades for you.

Good idea but that may cause a disruption to other skiers, but then thought of the Italian side of my family who could help me out ....
making sure that all the slope directional signs [STRIKE]all turned the wrong way [/STRIKE]umm are correctly placed as I wouldnt want Ash to go wrong and miss his turning slowing him up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Roll up roll up 26 days to go any more for any more 10 In total,,,,,

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Okey dokey :thumb::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Never mind!

Every now and again one makes a disastrous decision in life.

My people asked me to inform you that the £250,000 pounds sponsorship package for the proposed race that they had been working on for some time has been withdrawn because of your negative attitude to the chosen name.

Anyone want to to buy a dozen tobogganist safety helmets with Fray Bentos logos on them?

JJ :Cool:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Been to Lakeside today and got kitted out at bargain prices - comes at a cost though.........my salopettes are flourescent pink and my jacket is bright blue, no chance of losing me on the slopes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hubby had result and won nice snowboard, boots & bag on ebay :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Been to Lakeside today and got kitted out at bargain prices - comes at a cost though.........my salopettes are flourescent pink and my jacket is bright blue, no chance of losing me on the slopes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You go Girl.... sounds good to me, better to be seen on the slopes than not :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

I promise, It matters not what you like as long as you are warm and dry. :thumb:

But gonna have a good laugh at the pink trousers :ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Wheyhey you'd better be one hell of a good skier dressed like that, everyone will be watching you::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Shell and I have not skied for at least 10 yrs!

First day will be the nursery slopes to see what we remember!

The bloke selling us our kit said it is like riding a bike! "You won't have forgotten anything", he said as we handed over the cash for our intermediate level Gucci skis and boots!

'All the gear and no idea', that'll be us!!!!!!!:roflmto:

-But at least everyone will be looking at those pink salopettes and won't notice us falling over!!!:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Shell and I have not skied for at least 10 yrs!

First day will be the nursery slopes to see what we remember!

The bloke selling us our kit said it is like riding a bike! "You won't have forgotten anything", he said as we handed over the cash for our intermediate level Gucci skis and boots!

'All the gear and no idea', that'll be us!!!!!!!:roflmto:

-But at least everyone will be looking at those pink salopettes and won't notice us falling over!!!:thumb:

You will do fine, it will be a blast, I had bright pink salopettes nought wrong but they were soo baggy I felt most uncomfortable, prob being i am short n fat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But seeing we went last year with about 2 - 3 days to prepare to do the haggars trip I had to manage (trews were from year prior) It was only me that was aware of them(i think as nobody laughed)
c u soon xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back