Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Yesterday we suffered our first problem with the Motor Home. I was on a Skype call, Ann was watching TV and Jacob was outside in the awning doing something, playing on his phone I think, when this very loud noise suddenly starts up quite close to us. Well it sounded quite close.

Read more here

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Nice to read about some good service for a change, it is out there but we seldom hear of it. :thumb:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We have the scissor jack situation too so I’ve just bought a 4 tonne hyd bottle jack from machine mart. When I tried it out, it does lift the van but requires a painful amount of effort due mainly to the short two piece handle and the stack of “lost motion” due to slop in the linkages. I’m making up a longer one piece handle and new pivot pins, not what you should have to do on a new piece of kit but hey ho it was cheap enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Fabulous service and nice to hear.

We had two valves fail on our second motorhome back in 1999 when we were in France. We'd had a blow out, that tyre and another were replaced and before we left the fitting shop the valves failed. Check you have metal valves as the rubber / plastic ones are not up to the job. The failed valves we had were not metal.

I also had a tyre valve fail on my minibus when it was parked. It was a new tyre and the people that fitted it recovered the minibus and sorted it out as part of their usual customer service. A local garage in Durham not a national chain.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have used our scissor jack countless times without issue..

Can you imagine the law suite if someone used an OEM supplied jack and it failed !!!

Of course, there is the issue of them being bloody awkward to use while a bottle jack is nice and easy, but for folk like me who is constantly struggling to keep the payload down to somewhere at least close to the limit a bottle jack is another few extra kilos I have done without !! ( Mind you, the new van has over a tonne payload so things MIGHT change now !:winky: )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back