LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The garage I mean, I have been prevaricating for a while now around getting a scooter and would it all fit in the garage:LOL:

Tandem, two Mountain bikes BBQ, chairs and a scooter SH125.

Well it goes ------------- Just.

IMG_0608.JPG

The table and chairs are all in through the back door and that works well.

IMG_0604.JPG

Tandem lives on the left of the garage and the mountain bikes are on the rights, I have had to re jig the brackets etc to make space down the middle.

IMG_0605.JPG

I have a "rock n roll" clamp for the front wheel and when the top box goes on the rack there is about 1mm to spare between it and the garage door when its down, good job I took the hacksaw to some spare steelwork on the front wheel clamp.

IMG_0607.JPG

Still just enough room for the BBQ and hopefully the canoe for Shrewsbury(y)

Martin

Attachments

• IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 13
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Martin

I am both impressed and encouraged, because one day we may want/need a scooter. although if it is 'need. the bikes may not be needed.

I cannot imagine needing two bike plus a tandem, although i appreciate yours are mountain bikes and the tandem is for the road. It is not clear from the photo but it loos as though one mountain bike is up on a plinth - is that right? We have plinths both sides, but obviously you have the rear door.

I find the most difficulr thing with bikes is arranging the pedals to slot into a convenient space on the adjacent bike. It is made slightly more difficult because Basia's bike does not have freewheel turning the pedal backwards as that activates the rear brake - like Dutch bikes. I have thought of rigging one onto the garage roof to save space.

Out of interest why a spare Calor cylinder in the garage and what is that long silver tube with a fluroescent bag over it? on the forward bulkhead.

Now I am interested in your garage dimensions and just looking up on N+B website might not give me exact for your model and year as they do vary a bit,

If any answers are private just PM me here or N+B or MHFacts.

But still impressed.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
The garage I mean, I have been prevaricating for a while now around getting a scooter and would it all fit in the garage:LOL:

Tandem, two Mountain bikes BBQ, chairs and a scooter SH125.

Well it goes ------------- Just.

View attachment 166747

The table and chairs are all in through the back door and that works well.

View attachment 166754

Tandem lives on the left of the garage and the mountain bikes are on the rights, I have had to re jig the brackets etc to make space down the middle.

View attachment 166751

I have a "rock n roll" clamp for the front wheel and when the top box goes on the rack there is about 1mm to spare between it and the garage door when its down, good job I took the hacksaw to some spare steelwork on the front wheel clamp.

View attachment 166757

Still just enough room for the BBQ and hopefully the canoe for Shrewsbury(y)

Martin

Jeez thats a massive garage Martin, very jealous(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I find the most difficulr thing with bikes is arranging the pedals to slot into a convenient space on the adjacent bike. It is made slightly more difficult because Basia's bike does not have freewheel turning the pedal backwards as that activates the rear brake - like Dutch bikes. I have thought of rigging one onto the garage roof to save space.
Fitted detachable pedals to our bikes makes it so much easier getting them in & out.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Happy new bike Martin.

Its always a relief when they fit.

Have you been out on it yet?

Jon

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
::bigsmile:
Martin showing off again mines bigger than yours, soon someone will figure out that you could fit in the garage then you know where your bed will be lol .

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

I am both impressed and encouraged, because one day we may want/need a scooter. although if it is 'need. the bikes may not be needed.

I cannot imagine needing two bike plus a tandem, although i appreciate yours are mountain bikes and the tandem is for the road. It is not clear from the photo but it loos as though one mountain bike is up on a plinth - is that right? We have plinths both sides, but obviously you have the rear door.

Out of interest why a spare Calor cylinder in the garage and what is that long silver tube with a fluroescent bag over it? on the forward bulkhead.

Now I am interested in your garage dimensions and just looking up on N+B website might not give me exact for your model and year as they do vary a bit,

If any answers are private just PM me here or N+B or MHFacts.

But still impressed.

Geoff
Hi Geoff

Agreed, it is a bit bike overkill.

Nothing "private" the thing that looks like a long silver tube is just the grey bag containing the Jormax windbreak, the bit that looks flourescent is a red bag, boring answer I know sorry.

The calor bottle is for the BBQ, I keep thinking I should have a gas point in the side of the van but often I end up carrying the BBQ and bottle to some near or far gathering.

Yes one bike is up on the plinth and as ours is the single bed layout there is storage running the full width in front of the plinth so the pedal goes into that allowing it to sit quite flush, I made some covers for the pedals out of a bit of old carpet and then the other one can fit a gap in the frame of bike two, anyway "a picture tell a thousand words" so I will take some measurements and do a little drawing.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Happy new bike Martin.

Its always a relief when they fit.

Have you been out on it yet?

Jon
Oh Yes to both, Yes it fits but I reckon the SH 300 would have been a struggle with the Rock n Roll clamp.

Done about 250 miles, everytime I pull away my legs trail and then go looking for the foot pegs, they aren't there that was the Fireblade:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jeez thats a massive garage Martin, very jealous(y)
Everybody says when you are looking for a van it should be "layout" "layout" "layout" well with me it was the GARAGE first and the rest could follow.

Martin

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Martin I might be tempted to put something on the floor of the garage to stop the rear wheel of your scoot sliding/bouncing sideways when your travelling. (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin I might be tempted to put something on the floor of the garage to stop the rear wheel of your scoot sliding/bouncing sideways when your travelling. (y)
Do you think it could go anywhere, it is pulled down diagonally? I don't really want to bolt things into the floor if I don't have to as the scoot will not always be there.

Martin

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Do you think it could go anywhere, it is pulled down diagonally? I don't really want to bolt things into the floor if I don't have to as the scoot will not always be there.

Martin
Just belt and braces Martin. I would lay a piece of ply on the floor across from wall to wall, maybe 5mm or so and screw a couple of lengths of 25x25x150mm say from underneath where the back wheel sits to stop it moving.
A friend badly damaged the paintwork on a nearly new VFR800 Vtec when it moved in his van. :(

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Here you go Geoff @nicholsong

IMG_0609.jpg

I have shown the main area and dimension with the plinth, the rest on the right is 500x300 full width and then either side above this is 850x500 full height, these cubby holes are created by having single beds as in a transverse bed model these bits would not be there and you would just have the basic box with plinth, nothing in the middle above the 300 full width as this is the steps up to bed.
In the 300 tall lower bit I have from the far side, two extra batteries, two crates of "bits n bobs", spare toilet cassette, and inverter. The cubby hole at the far side has EFOY 2 gallons of diesel. oil and a few tools, the other side has Aquaroll, trolley and a tool bag.

Martin

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Martin

Thanks for a very comprehensive answer and diagram.

Now talking pedals:-

Obviously Martin's arrangement of one bike on the plinth does relieve space. We do not have the extra storage space ahead of that plinth as we have the transverse bed, so I woulfd not like to lose the storage space on the plinth, but I can usually get one pedal over it. I could replace the storage if I built a shelf over the rear plinth, as I do not have a door there like Martin

Lenny, you mentioned removable pedals - well they all are with a good tool, but are you referring to some especially easy to remove ones?

I seem to recall that there are some fold-up pedals available. Can anyone confirm? if so are they lockable in position when down, as I like to use toe-clips on my touring bike? Or a set of floor-to-ceiling drawers like Alan(Gretchibald) has in his Arto.

Martin, I will check your dimensions against mine. After that it may mean being a bit innovative about some storage solutions to be able to get the scooter in - forget the tandem;)

Geoff

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny, you mentioned removable pedals - well they all are with a good tool, but are you referring to some especially easy to remove ones?

I have the MKS MT-E EZY metal ones on the boss's bike the MKS XPE-EZY plastic ones. See here, fully removable.There is quite a range now, when I bought mine the two we bought were the only options a couple of years ago.

P1110067.JPG

I've got a nice empty garage.:D
P1110065.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back