Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Looks great, we have the Black Edition Lifestyle. How did you get on with Marquis?
They were ok. I think I knew more about the van than the handover guy but he was nice enough (y)
Just had our first proper journey in it and was held up for 2 hours on the M25 :Eeek:.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Wow, that looks so smart! Enjoy yourselves. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bed...
Throw duvet on top and forget it !! You are only gonna mess it up again anyway !!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Looks very nice. Is there anything in your vehicle manual about wheel specs? I have a question from someone who has been led to believe that the 2015 Ducato with 16" wheels has a smaller bolt circle diameter than the original X250 chassis 130 PCD.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I would like to see a pic of the neater bed, LOL

You WILL find a way that you are happy with, whether it's the same as ours or not. Oh incidentally because we use a double quilt in there instead of the king-size we use at home, it is easier and there's plenty of it for both of us - most of it lands up on the floor my side anyway and I waken fighting for air LOL

And both our double quilt covers, and the matching pillow cases, are reversible so the backs aren't just a plain colour. So everything co-ordinates - and they were FAR from expensive covers either of them!

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Looks very nice. Is there anything in your vehicle manual about wheel specs? I have a question from someone who has been led to believe that the 2015 Ducato with 16" wheels has a smaller bolt circle diameter than the original X250 chassis 130 PCD.
I've not looked at the spec book yet. I will have a look and let you know (y)

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Nothing in the book Andy. Would you like me to measure the bolt circle?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
What are you measuring? it has to be an imaginary circle through the bolt centres, not bolt to bolt. As there are five bolts none are opposite each other

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Yes Andy I measured the imaginary circle and they are definitely R16s (y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It is indeed difficult to measure but I suspect 118 is most likely if not definitive (y) Thanks

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
image.jpg
I would like to see a pic of the neater bed, LOL

You WILL find a way that you are happy with, whether it's the same as ours or not. Oh incidentally because we use a double quilt in there instead of the king-size we use at home, it is easier and there's plenty of it for both of us - most of it lands up on the floor my side anyway and I waken fighting for air LOL

And both our double quilt covers, and the matching pillow cases, are reversible so the backs aren't just a plain colour. So everything co-ordinates - and they were FAR from expensive covers either of them!
Think we are happy with this. Folded it at an angle but tucked it underneath.
This is the front end
image.jpg

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Congratulations John, hope you cover many happy miles.......

We should've been picking up our Swift Bolero 712sb Black Edition tomorrow but it's been put back a week

Not very happy but I suppose this time next week it will all be forgotten.

They do make a nice mh don't they?.......the finish is very stylish which tempted us into spending a little more than we intended to as it's our first mh and we wanted to start a bit lower and build up to something like this! But once we saw it, nothing else seemed to compare so we thought oh well, you only live once, might as well do it in style! Better than saving it to spend on care homes haha.

We had seen a huge Kontiki Black Edition (tag axle) which my husband just fell in love with and I had to restrain him from buying one.....only because someone had warned me, rightly or wrongly, that it can be harder to get pitches for anything over 8 metres (plus it was too big for our driveway). There are only two of us and two little fur babies so it was a bit over the top!

So the Bolero is ideal because he still gets his Black Edition but it's not so huge that I will worry constantly about it being too big for us.

Roll on this time next week.....

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Congratulations John, hope you cover many happy miles.......

We should've been picking up our Swift Bolero 712sb Black Edition tomorrow but it's been put back a week

Not very happy but I suppose this time next week it will all be forgotten.

They do make a nice mh don't they?.......the finish is very stylish which tempted us into spending a little more than we intended to as it's our first mh and we wanted to start a bit lower and build up to something like this! But once we saw it, nothing else seemed to compare so we thought oh well, you only live once, might as well do it in style! Better than saving it to spend on care homes haha.

We had seen a huge Kontiki Black Edition (tag axle) which my husband just fell in love with and I had to restrain him from buying one.....only because someone had warned me, rightly or wrongly, that it can be harder to get pitches for anything over 8 metres (plus it was too big for our driveway). There are only two of us and two little fur babies so it was a bit over the top!

So the Bolero is ideal because he still gets his Black Edition but it's not so huge that I will worry constantly about it being too big for us.

Roll on this time next week.....
We saw the Black edition in the middle of last year and fell for it even though we were going to spend no more than 35k :Eeek::Eeek:
We had been looking for 6 months and after seeing it, as you said, nothing compared.
Yes we are restricted by the size of our drive as well. This is a little bit too big really but we couldn't resist. It does go on but overhangs a little on a communal area. We have good neighbours though and they don't mind. (y)

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
You had the same budget as us then.....we thought £35k was about right for our first mh.

Absolutely no self control whatsoever.....

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Our budget was £20 -25k absolute max - and No Way were we buying new! - we might not like Motorhoming! - when we spent £32k on our first van - a Brand New Bessie !

Bed looks smashing now!

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Very smart looking van, Swift have done a good job with the 'Black Edition' models.

For those of us that don't have such deep pockets here's a video by Swift so you can see what you're missing.

Paul

Broken Link Removed

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
Looks like many of us end up going over Budget! Just have to make absolutely sure we get our money's worth.....a good excuse to squeeze in a few extra weekenders to justify the cost haha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back