Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
7 years
Hello fellow Funsters from North Yorkshire :) There seems to be an influx of Yorkshie based folk joining MHF recently, so I hope a couple more won't be a problem! To be fair, we are only plastic Yorkies really, my partner Judy is originally from County Durham, and I am from, ahem........the right side of the Pennines.:giggler:
Having previously been tuggers for many years, and then venturing completely off piste for a couple of years, via a boat (for boat see 'hole in the water into which you keep pouring money' :swear2:), last year we eventually saw sense and stumped up for a MH. We have now had a couple of seasons for us to get to know her, and we love her.
We are now feeling that it's about time that we are a bit more adventurous, and head over the Channel to Le France, so any advice on the subject grateful received. Also, for our sins, we are the proud owners of a 3 year old Border Terrier (Freddie), so any advice on taking pets abroad most welcome.
We will be keeping a close eye on the forums and on the lookout for rallies planned overseas, as we would like to join in the fun with like minded folks, so if anybody knows of any such rallies, then please do point us in the right direction.
Anyway, that's enough waffle for now. I'm off t'feed me ferrits and walk me Wippits....bye eck. Happy Funstering!

Ian & Judy

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello Ian and Judy. We spend lots of motorhoming time in North Yorkshire. But we live in West Yorkshire. Welcome to the forum.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi, if you are going over the channel not forget to book a ferry or tunnel as its not e boat now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Welcome, live in Yorkshire, born in Lancashire (right side of Pennines ) and your wife's a nearly a jock, loads of chances to take the pi** there. :rofl:

:welc:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Big welcome! France is a great place to visit, very MH friendly and if it wasn't for the people living there it would be perfect.

PS that last bit was a joke. I love France but my recent trip to Spain was a revelation so we are returning there next spring.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome from sunny Norfolk. (y) Oh and DevonBeekeeper, I thought the revelation was in 1936, were you there then? :LOL:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
My OH is from Wakefield but having immagrated to Thirsk from the US in the 60s I consider myself as coming from the REAL Yorkshire

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Welcome from West Yorkshire soon to be North Yorkshire as we're moving to York very soon. :)
Keep telling them Southerners its Grim up here then they'll never know the truth !!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to the house of Fun, if you want to see what rallies are being held click on Forums at the top, then scroll down until you come to rallies planed then you can see if there are any you want to go to. :welc:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am from, ahem........the right side of the Pennines.:giggler:
born in Lancashire (right side of Pennines)
I do not wish to be pedantic but Yorkshire is the right side of the Pennines.

Lancashire (and north west Derbyshire where I was born) are on the Correct side of the Pennines (y);)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi and welcome from Sue

Just did a quick run up through your area on the way to Chillingham and Lindesfarne, but there was a lot more I would have like to see, so will go back before too long I think :)

Mallybobs

Free Member
Oct 29, 2014
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie, but enjoying it.
Hi, welcome , we live in West Yorkshire, have a holiday home in East Yorkshire and our lovely new (to us) motorhome that we will (we hope)n go anywhere in .....a great big welcome to you

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi from the south and Gods country, I went to Yorkshire once; Huddersfield it wore, and it were grim there in 1959. Hope you find loads of Fun on here, we all do, mostly takin' 't' pee out of Graham in Lankarshyre......:welc:

OP
OP
Sterling155

Sterling155

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
7 years
Hello Ian and Judy. We spend lots of motorhoming time in North Yorkshire. But we live in West Yorkshire. Welcome to the forum.
Hi Ralph n Bev, thanks for your reply. We live in a small Town just off the A1 through which you must drive if you are on your way up to Wensleydale, so if you (or any others) are ever passing this way, please do let us know. It would be nice to see you.

OP
OP
Sterling155

Sterling155

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
7 years
Hello Welcome to the house of Fun, if you want to see what rallies are being held click on Forums at the top, then scroll down until you come to rallies planed then you can see if there are any you want to go to. :welc:
Thanks for the tip Carol, we have already taken your advice and had a look on the rally forum, and there's plenty to look forward to. Appreciate your help :clap2:

OP
OP
Sterling155

Sterling155

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
7 years
Welcome, live in Yorkshire, born in Lancashire (right side of Pennines ) and your wife's a nearly a jock, loads of chances to take the pi** there. :rofl:

:welc:
Hi Badknee, thanks for the welcome :happy: Yep a Lancastrian living in Yarkshire.....strange but true. It's a bit like missionary work at times, but I like to help out where I can :whistle2:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hi Badknee, thanks for the welcome :happy: Yep a Lancastrian living in Yarkshire.....strange but true. It's a bit like missionary work at times, but I like to help out where I can :whistle2:
Haha, top man.

OP
OP
Sterling155

Sterling155

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
7 years
Hi, welcome , we live in West Yorkshire, have a holiday home in East Yorkshire and our lovely new (to us) motorhome that we will (we hope)n go anywhere in .....a great big welcome to you
Hi Mallybobs, thanks for your warm welcome. I hope that you enjoy your new motorhome as much as we do. :drink: Cheers!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back